• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Incontinence following neutering

H

HelenV

Hi there,

Apollo's incision is healing beautifully just after a week with some help from homeopathic arnica and calendula. I believe he needs some staphysagria following the neutering. Looking for some input on potency for him. I have found that he responds very well to 200C. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Why do you feel that Apollo needs Staphysagria?
What sorts of signs are you seeing that would indicate it?
Your title mentions incontinence. When are you seeing that, and in what situations?
How is Apollo's BEAM?

H

HelenV

He is leaking urine when walking, and there is also increased frequency and urgency following the neutering. He's had several accidents inside as well. He was very well house trained prior to the neutering and he seems anxious about this new state.

in terms of BEAM, he's great though. Behaviour is great now. He was very out of sorts and disoriented after the surgery, whimpering and whining and clinging to us. He needed company for a solid 24 hours after surgery and he was anxious and hyper for a few days post surgery. Appetite is outstanding and was even day of surgery afterwards. Energy is boundless. We have to slow him down. He does love his new larger crate and will often go into it by himself to rest. Mood is also great. He truly has the sweetest disposition. Perhaps a little more possessive of toys with his sister Theo but we can approach and remove without issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Helen.

When did his leaking begin, and is it getting better, worse, or remaining static?

Regarding potency, as you know, the lower potencies have a broader effect than do the higher, more refined ones.

If the incontinence symptom is continuing or worsening then I'd go with a 30c or even 6c.

If you have other, more specific, symptoms of Staphy, then 200c or higher would be great.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Absolutely agree with Dr. Jeff; I would likely suggest a low potency (6C, 6X, or 12 X) as Apollo does not seem to have strong Staphysagria mentals. The indication for Staphysagria is more on a 'Ailments from / Never well since surgery' basis.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

H

HelenV

Thanks to you both. I have held off from dosing him at all. I will wait and watch and see what symptoms persist.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom