• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How To Help Pets Who Look Old (But Aren't)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I recently received an email from @jumstead1023 that her young Lab. pup (7 years in August) is starting to look old.327

Judy wondered what she can do.

What a great observation and question!

Let's start answering it in context.

In this case, the context begins with the genes.

As we learn more and more about genetics, it becomes increasingly important to put this information into context.

Genes are only one piece of the puzzle.

Whether it's for a trait like greying of the coat or absorption of taurine and possible development of dilated cardiomyopathy.

This context starts with Vitality and cellular energy.

The laws of physics govern conservation of energy and these same laws apply to your pets' bodies.

When you learn about building and preserving their Vitality, that's what it means.

This Vitality is from food, air, sunshine, exercise, love, etc. that then gets converted into the ATP energy that the cells can use.

It is this energy that needs to be conserved.

When it declines, cellular processes are affected.

Abnormal signs and symptoms like walking or getting up slower, decreased stamina, "slouching", getting grey, etc. are the result.

This results in the subjective observation of "looking old".

Fortunately, there are things you can do.

First and foremost is feeding fresh (ideally raw meats and organs) food.

Vitality gained from food is sometimes enough to make a big difference.

Especially if the pet ate a processed food diet before the switch to fresh.

The next way to build Vitality and look younger for your pets is exercise.

Exercise out in the fresh air and sunshine is the best.

Sun, breathing (prana-yama), and exercise, are great ways to build vitality.

There are others such as play and connection with others, and supportive supplements like Mitochndrial NRG and d-ribose that help increase energy.

Just as important as building vitality, especially for pets who seem to be prematurely aging, is to avoid decreasing energy and preserving vitality.

Try to avoid suppressing symptoms and working against their bodies using "antis", unnecessary procedures and surgeries, etc.

In Judy's case, she is already feeding a great varied raw diet and engaging and exercising her pup as much as possible.

So the one big change that I advised is feeding raw or freeze-dried heart.

And adding the supplements I mentioned above.

Oh, and one other I forgot to mention.

Vitality mushroom blend from myriad mycology.

You and your pets will love them.

Building and preserving Vitality increase cellular energy and function and slows and can even reverse the aging process.

Energy building and preserving allows our beloved pets to act and look young throughout long and happy lives.

This is what we all want and what they deserve!

Stay Vital!

Last edited:

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
I recently received an email from @jumstead1023 that her young Lab. pup (7 years in August) is starting to look old.327

Judy wondered what she can do.

What a great observation and question!

Let's start answering it in context.

In this case, the context begins with the genes.

As we learn more and more about genetics, it becomes increasingly important to put this information into context.

Genes are only one piece of the puzzle.

Whether it's for a trait like greying of the coat or absorption of taurine and possible development of dilated cardiomyopathy.

The laws of physics govern conservation of energy and these same laws apply to your pets' bodies.

When you learn about building and preserving their Vitality, that's what it means.

This Vitality is from food, air, sunshine, exercise, love, etc. that then gets converted into the ATP energy that the cells can use.

It is this energy that needs to be conserved.

When it declines, cellular processes are affected.

Abnormal signs and symptoms like walking or getting up slower, decreased stamina, "slouching", getting grey, etc. are the result.

This results in the subjective observation of "looking old".

Fortunately, there are things you can do.

First and foremost is feeding fresh (ideally raw meats and organs) food.

Vitality gained from food is sometimes enough to make a big difference.

Especially if the pet ate a processed food diet before the switch to fresh.

The next way to build Vitality and look younger for your pets is exercise.

Exercise out in the fresh air and sunshine is the best.

Sun, breathing (prana-yama), and exercise, are great ways to build vitality.

There are others such as play and connection with others, and supportive supplements like Mitochndrial NRG and d-ribose that help increase energy.

Just as important as building vitality, especially for pets who seem to be prematurely aging, is to avoid decreasing energy and preserving vitality.

Try to avoid suppressing symptoms and working against their bodies using "antis", unnecessary procedures and surgeries, etc.

In Judy's case, she is already feeding a great varied raw diet and engaging and exercising her pup as much as possible.

So the one big change that I advised is feeding raw or freeze-dried heart.

And adding the supplements I mentioned above.

Oh, and one other I forgot to mention.

Vitality mushroom blend from myriad mycology.

You and your pets will love them.

Building and preserving Vitality increase cellular energy and function and slows and can even reverse the aging process.

Energy building and preserving allows our beloved pets to act and look young throughout long and happy lives.

This is what we all want and what they deserve!

Stay Vital!

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
I
tried to post a video of Lola taking a swim in the lake but it didn’t work. I do all of the above but will increase the chicken hearts. Thanks

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom