• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How Much of the Homeopathic Medicine Should I Give - Succussion

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello @Dr. Jeff,

Per your instructions given at our appointment on Tuesday: "Nux vomica 6c and dose 10/Q-Tip if he isn't (eating) > 1 hour after he gets up. If he wont eat by 8pm please redose. Same thing at 12am. If he still doesnt eat lunch tomorrow, please dose Nux 6c 15/Q-Tip."

I'm happy to report that after just the first (and only) dose at 5pm on Tuesday, his appetite came back at 10pm and ate two meals on his own [instead of being hand fed]. Therefore, no more re-dose.

However, his appetite and energy dropped on Wednesday.

Question #1: do I dose him 10/Q-Tip or 15/Q-Tip for the next dose?

Question #2: I dosed him 15/Q-Tip before I received your response to dose 10/Q-Tip. My reason was that he improved for only one night after 10/Q-Tip, would 15/Q-Tip achieve longer improvements?
Anyhow, I dosed him 15/Q-Tip at 6:30pm and he asked for food and ate quite a lot around 10:30pm. What do I do with remedy succussion going forward?

I understand that our goal is that, through homeopathic medicines, his quality of life improved. Reaching our immediate goal (increase appetite in this case) is essential. However, what do we do homeopathically to help make this improvement longer lasting?

And of course, our ultimate goal is to achieve cure (rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of health).

Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great questions Christine! :thumbsup:

Regarding your two questions, I'd say 2 things.

First is by saying that there really is one main initial goal when giving any homeopathic medicine.

We always dose to get a response.

That's why it's always helpful to note if there's any initial change hours to a day or two after dosing.

If there was a response to the dose, and then improvement, the next dose should stay the same.

If there has been no response to repeated doses of a homeopathic medicine, then the next step is indeed to increase the succussions.

That is of course assuming that you are dosing in water. Doing so allows much more modification of the dose.

Dosing as you describe is an "advanced method" as described in Hahnemann's 6th Organon:

We will discuss the differences between this and the dry dosing method during future Empower Hour! webinars.

Regarding depth and duration of action, yes you can see an increase in these factors as the potency (not the dose) increases.

However usually this requires a bigger jump in potency such as when increasing from 30c to 200c or Q1 to Q2.

Knowing how to benefit from Hahnemann's Advanced Methods is an important part of homeopathic practice that everyone could be helped by.

I'm so grateful that you're asking these questions.?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, @Dr. Jeff - So if a patient, on the first day, had a favorable response to a remedy within 2 hours, BUT did not have the same quick response to the same remedy the next day...WHILE expressing a few new and peculiar (but not persistent) symptoms and worsening of old symptoms (i.e., coughing in Koby's case) ... does it mean a new potency is called for OR it's time for a different remedy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Christine!

If there was no response to the repetition of the dose then you might want to redose with increased succussions.

Since I think you already increased succussions for the second dose, repeat it to see if the new transient symptoms repeat or if there is any other change.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom