• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy and traditional chinese medicine synergy

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, in your experience can a side effect occur when using a herb and a remedy together. I just got Teddy lab work back and his PCV is now 80%, from 76 in January, and platelets down from 90 to 52! His thyroid panel turned out with a slight low TSC.07.

Teddy has been on phosphorus for almost 2 yrs and if I slowly decrease the phosphorus and increase the herb my question is have you ever worked with both entities at the same time. I don’t know that much but my fear is that somehow using both may cause his immune system to turn on itself? Is that possible. Of course I will discuss with Dr Judy but until I do, I wanted to know your experience on this.

Phosphorus is the only remedy for polycythemia and yet over the past 2 yrs one yr was good, brought it to normal and the next yr it started rising???
Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey JoAnn-

When you mentioned the 80 HCT to me last week, Teddy's BEAM was great. Is that still the case?

No side effects from the herb + homeopathy. No side effects at all from the highly diluted homeopathic remedies because of the tiny (sub-molecular) doses.

Yes, definitely discuss specific treatment questions with your vet!

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff, Teddy platelets I did not know at the time we talked he went from 90k to 52k. I have been talking to his vets and will speak again next week. His BEAM is 88%. Yesterday I noticed some broken blood vessels in his eyes, but I just wondered if using the 2 therapies was harming him. I don’t think so, it’s so sad and I finally derstood the function of the herb, it’s not going to lower the PVC it only helps to keep blood from clotting. Teddy is so sweet and takes 8 times a day all these different supplements. I do believe if I had started him on hydroxurea he would have gotten a lot sicker, suppressing his bone marrow because of the decreased platelets. Thank you.

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Do you give Teddy curcumin, Joann? Or a big dose of it, anyway? It's been shown to kill the cells that cause polycythemia--

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, great article Edwin! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks also for sharing the comparative toxicogenomics database. Info. like this provides the scientific basis for what we can do to help all pets and people using individuality and exposomics:

CTD is a robust, publicly available database that aims to advance understanding about how environmental exposures affect human health. It provides manually curated information about chemical–gene/protein interactions, chemical–disease and gene–disease relationships. These data are integrated with functional and pathway data to aid in development of hypotheses about the mechanisms underlying environmentally influenced diseases.

We also have additional ongoing projects involving manual curation of exposome data and chemical–phenotype relationships to help identify pre–disease biomarkers resulting from environmental exposures.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Edwin, no I do not I give, Ubiquinol, resvertrol, astragalus, turkey tail mushroom, cbd, he is on phenobarbital very low dose because of a seizure in2019 and has some motor outbreaks still, and a Homepathic remedy phosphorous and an herb Dan Shen Pian which may or may not be lowering his platelets?

He is quite the trooper, and the astragalus seems to be helping but yet his PCV since November despite his remedy seems to keep climbing.

I will read this. Thank you!!!!!!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi JoAnn. Two other thoughts about supporting Teddy while he heals from his abnormal symptoms like polycythemia and seizures.

You might want to take a look at the natural supplement called PQQ which can reduce inflammation, improve mitochondrial function and the flow of energy and information in the body.

Here's a brief excerpt and research article about it:

Pyrroloquinoline quinone (PQQ) influences energy-related metabolism and neurologic functions in animals. The mechanism of action involves interactions with cell signaling pathways and mitochondrial function.

Interestingly, I had a client yesterday who has polycythemia vera. We discussed some of her experiences and is now taking an interferon treatment called Pegysus. One of the postulated ways that PQQ works is through interferon!

EdwinA

All-Access Member
Registered
Those supps all sound great.

What about vitamin C? It seems to help everything, especially in high doses (and it's totally safe).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom