• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hemlock client

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I have a wonderful customer at my kennel who has a huge Rottie and a small Pit. After many discussions they switched to a fresh raw diet and are both doing well. She still has the Pit on Apoquel because her vet says she needs it. My question is which is the best allergy test she can do for her to get her off of this med. she is very open.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Judy-

How fantastic that you're spreading the word through Hemlock kennel customers!

Can we include a link in the forum for anyone local who needs a place to board that doesn't require bordetella, flu, etc.?

Regarding your question about allergy test, I'd say that may not be the first step that your customers take in order to get their pup off Apoquel.

First might be to educate them about cure of the allergy via raising the allergic threshold vs. harmful palliation with Apoquel.

Then all potential environmental allergic triggers need to be identified and eliminated.

Do your customers have an open-minded local vet?

That is important so they feel supported in their choices.

Dr. Jeff

PS-Perhaps their vet would be open to weaning the Apoquel and using something more targeted and less harmful like Cytopoint.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hey Judy-

Can we include a link in the forum for anyone local who needs a place to board that doesn't require bordetella, flu, etc.?

Regarding your question about allergy test, I'd say that may not be the first step that your customers take in order to get their pup off Apoquel.

First might be to educate them about cure of the allergy via raising the allergic threshold vs. harmful palliation with Apoquel.

Then all potential environmental allergic triggers need to be identified and eliminated.

Dr. Jeff

PS-Perhaps their vet would be open to weaning the Apoquel and using something more targeted and less harmful like Cytopoint.
www.hemlockkennelsct.com
Hey Judy-

Dr. Jeff

www.hemlockkennelsct.com

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom