• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Help!

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Emma s Anal gland are infected. I cannot reach homeo vet. What do i do to help her ? She is much distress.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Carol.

I'm sorry to hear about Emma's anal gland.

In what way is she acting distressed (aside from licking and scooting)? Panting, drinking, restless, lying around, etc.

Exactly what do you see when you look the the gland?

When and what was the last homeopathic medicine and what was the response to it? Also, did she respond, in any way, to the Psorinum?

You can hot compress her anal gland tonight to provide some immediate relief.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff.
No licking or scooting, she ate dinner, came into me bit later, weak, head hanging. I thought death. Rubbing her belly, back, all over. Then thought anal glands. She had history of them being expressed at vet, before I knew beat not to. But they were never infected or impacted. Today is pus. She is very weak. Can barely walk. Pain?? Is laying down now, but took long time to do so, She would wobbly stand, stagger a few feet, and stand, head low. No water, no chocolate chip cookie.
She took psorinum200 10 days ago. No big leap of improvemnt, but I felt some change in relaxing more, more interest in window watching,,,not a lot, but bit more. Skins are still mange looking.
I have done the hot compresses wi5 calendula. Read Pitcairn book,,,he said belladonna 6c. Not hearing back from Emma’s homeo vet, I gave her 30c, i don’t have 6. My understanding is belladonna would help ease pain, inflammation for her. I feel that Emma is dying tho. This is very difficult to know what to do now and next. I thank you for being there.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, her wobbliness and BEAM decrease could be from pain or discomfort.

I'm glad you gave the Belladonna!

Now we'll see how she does overnight and in the am.

BTW-I'm sure that we both hope you're wrong about her dying.:(

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Another thought. Guessing,,,,her eyes are swollen. Had been dealing with much much goop,,light greenish. Ears have been pussy for loooong time. Pus seen at vulva area now and then last few months. Now pus anal glands,,,,,,,,,could her body be “raging” infections?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
My thought Carol is that the answer is yes and no.

It sounds like Emma has multiple areas of immune imbalance.

This has allowed secondary bacteria, which are associated with the discharges, to overgrow and cause "infections" (which are almost always secondary).

Good hygiene is important so gently wipe her discharges whenever they accumulate.

Green tea works well for this cleansing of discharges.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff.
Had mobile vet come to house last eve. He took blood. Results are in my email, but not viewing til I know it’s a day I can contact dr w.
Her glands were very full. Told impacted, not abcessed.
wishing you and Archie and your other loved ones too! :) a peaceful, bountiful Thanksgiving.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Well,,,,not good news from bloodwork.
Kidney disease.
Searching diet right now. Darwin’s has a vet prescription required formula.
Seems safer to feed a food that is specially formulated for kd, than to try to make carefully balanced homemade. (been making homemade with regular recipes)
Hills of course has there stuff, but don’t think I want to go there.
Homeo vet is looking into anything homeopathically we can do, etc.
This all sounds challenging.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so sorry to hear about Emma's kidney dis-ease Carol. :(

Please keep us informed.

Do you have a copy of her lab test results that you can share here?

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Oh yes dr Jeff. I would so appreciate your help. I need a vet also to sign off on Darwin’s kd food. Cannot order til I get that, The guy who did bloodwork is in Africa. His office never answers. Dr w is not replying to four emails. I read that diet is utmost important to do correctly. I also sent an early email to you drjeff@

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Darwin’s food was signed off on. Delivery scheduled. 5ank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Carol. :thumbsup:

I'll go look at Emma's blood test results now.

Would you mind if I also share them here?

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi. Thank you for your concern.
It has been a big big struggle.
Blood is anemic, kidneys early?compromised.
Feeding Darwin’s kidney special diet, but it is low in iron,,,so,,,
Called on local vet been with for 20 years to draw another blood...it came back with “better” numbers but still same diagnosis.
Unfortunately, local vet was horrible. I cannot repeat here what he said to me,,,serious.
Certainly understand his caring about animals, etc and shock of Emma’s look and now blood, but feel he crossed boundary in his words and tone.
Emma received her new remedy in mail last night. Phos LM1. We will see. One comment from local vet,,,,”what the ,,,,, are you going to do, go thru the whole alphabet of remedies before you help this dog?”
The challenge of staying on the course.
?To goods days and love and support.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
This is always the challenge when working with a local, not holistic vet. You are not alone with this issue, Carol.

The KD is not critical, so most important is to feed Emma what she wants to eat, maybe using it as a topper to encourage eating the K/D.

Keeping her as happy as possible is most important, and you are very good at doing that.

To good days,
Dr. Christina

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
If Emma is a dog, you might check out JustFoodForDogs.com.....they make homemade Kidney Disease diets just like you might make at home. You can even order the ingredients they send to you to cook up fresh.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Christina. Emma chows down the Darwin’s kidney diet. Her appetite is a 10. Thinking might feed the Darwin’s and do our regular home cooked meals here and there. She loves it all for this moment in time.

And thank you Donna for the name of this dog food place, I will check it out to see what recipes they put together, Have you tried any of their food ?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom