• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hello, I'm Lisa. Cat recently diagnosed with mouth tumor, likely stage 3 - 4

LisaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, I'm Lisa. Just joined the group this week after learning my cat has a tumor in her mouth. I've dabbled with homeopathy for 25+ years since I worked with Will Taylor, MD when he switched to homeopathy and opened a practice. He practiced the Hahnemann approach to healing.

After talking with the vet again yesterday, I realize I'm probably only able to offer my cat Zora palliative care at this stage, but maybe I can do that with remedies instead of steroids, though the steroid shot seems to be helping keep her quite comfortable.

Below are my notes on the case.

I eliminated dry food completely -- vet suggested it aggravated the tumor -- and Zora isn't drooling anymore and there's no blood either. Her vitality is good. Her stools and urine are good. She is hungry all the time -- that hasn't changed! She purrs when you pet her or feed her food. If you saw her today (10/25) , you likely wouldn't know she was sick.

Yesterday, I asked the vet these follow-up questions:

Q: What part of the mouth is the tumor in?
A: Bone and/or gums; At tip of rostral mandible. Tumor is on both sides.

Q: Describe shape, color, size?
A: Pink, raised, gingiva, bleeding; palpates like involving bony structure of jaw

Q: Anything unusual / remarkable about the tumor?
A: No

Q: Stage of Tumor?
A: 3 - 4; bleeding in mouth usually begins then.

Q: How long will steroid shot work?
A: Two - four weeks. Can get another one at any time since we're not worried about side effects.

My notes after Vet Visit on Wed. 10/21:

Oct. 21, 2020: Mouth tumor discovered, in a 15 year-old-female, neutered cat, black and white "Tuxedo", adopted cat. Generally good health. Average weight. Allergic to dust mites, receives special liquid prn; has had bouts of diarrhea this past year, but clears up after treatment with Purina Pro Plan Vet Supplement "Fortiflora", which she's just finished again. Cat named Zora.

Acute Symptoms:
Began drooling a bit on right side of mouth on previous day Oct.20. Second drooling had a bit of blood in it. Got mouth opened enough to smell bad breath. Thought it was a bad tooth. Gave Hepar Sulph 30x at bedtime.

Vet notes:
"Very surprised to find a tumor. Zora has not really lost much weight in past year; I would have expected to see that she had. Surprised to hear that she is still eating and drinking normally."

She said it's likely one of 3 types of tumors:
osteosarcoma, squamous cell tumor, or melanoma.

Vet said it may spread into her jaw. Eventually, she won't want to eat or drink. Hard to say if that will be in a month, two months, or sooner as mouth tumors can be aggressive. Recommended feeding wet food only now to stop irritation of tumor. Vet knows I wanted names of possible type of tumor so that I could see if homeopathy had anything to offer. She said there was no reason not to try. I asked if a steroid shot would help her keep her comfortable and she gave her one.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about Zora's mouth tumor. ?

Fantastic that her BEAM is normal. Keeping it that way is the key.

I agree with you that working with homeopathic medicines will be a better way to help her have the longest and best life possible.

What are you feeding her?

Purring is going to help her remain internally balanced, so try to maintain her happiness.

Have you considered other gentle adjunctive therapies like ozone, SanaWave, Chinese vet med, etc?

Take a look at the other posts in the cancer folder as well as the 2019 cancer course resources.

The next few live webinars will have other ways to help you optimize her quality of life.

LisaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear about Zora's mouth tumor. ?

Fantastic that her BEAM is normal. Keeping it that way is the key.

I agree with you that working with homeopathic medicines will be a better way to help her have the longest and best life possible.

What are you feeding her?

Purring is going to help her remain internally balanced, so try to maintain her happiness.

Have you considered other gentle adjunctive therapies like ozone, SanaWave, Chinese vet med, etc?

Take a look at the other posts in the cancer folder as well as the 2019 cancer course resources.

The next few live webinars will have other ways to help you optimize her quality of life.

Hi Dr. Jeff,
Thanks for your message. So far, I'm feeding her Sheba wet food because she loves it and will always eat it. She is wanting to eat all the time. She used to get Iam's crunchies mainly. She is acting so normal that it's hard to believe she is sick. There's been no blood and no drooling since I took away the dry food. Vet made it sound so bad, being at stage 3-4 that I wasn't sure if I should try switching food as Zora has had digestive issues. What do you think?

I might take her back for a follow up at the vets in a few weeks just to know if tumor has changed. I wish I could go in and see for myself but Covid restrictions won't permit it.

I'm not familiar with using those other therapies on animals, and live in a small town and they're not available.

I will review the items you suggest and I look forward to talking to you on Nov. 2.

Thanks,
Lisa

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Lisa, since you are familiar with homeopathy, how about working directly with a veterinary homeopath? Since they can do phone consults it does not matter where you live. What is the nearest big city in case we do know of a supportive vet there?

Options include selecting one at www.theAVH.org who feels right to you or becoming a client with Dr. Jeff (He only takes members as new clients).

Also, I would begin to work now with an animal intuitive to help get guidance on how she is doing and if there is something specific she wants from you. If homeopathy is unable to resolve the tumors (it is possible) you can also gt support from faculty member Gail Pope - her site is www.Brighthaven.org and she has hospiced hundreds of older cats (one lived to 34), so has a lot of supportive care knowledge.

Have you ever trained in an energy medicine like Reiki, Eden energy medicine, theta healing, Quantum touch, or Healing touch for animals? Again, it would be a good thing to get trained now in one of those.

Dr. Christina

LisaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Lisa, since you are familiar with homeopathy, how about working directly with a veterinary homeopath? Since they can do phone consults it does not matter where you live. What is the nearest big city in case we do know of a supportive vet there?

Options include selecting one at www.theAVH.org who feels right to you or becoming a client with Dr. Jeff (He only takes members as new clients).

Also, I would begin to work now with an animal intuitive to help get guidance on how she is doing and if there is something specific she wants from you. If homeopathy is unable to resolve the tumors (it is possible) you can also gt support from faculty member Gail Pope - her site is www.Brighthaven.org and she has hospiced hundreds of older cats (one lived to 34), so has a lot of supportive care knowledge.

Have you ever trained in an energy medicine like Reiki, Eden energy medicine, theta healing, Quantum touch, or Healing touch for animals? Again, it would be a good thing to get trained now in one of those.

Dr. Christina
Hi Dr. Christina,

Thank you for your message. The nearest big city is Cleveland, but as I have fibromyalgia (chronic pain in neck and shoulders) I am unable to drive there. I do have a phone consult with Dr. Jeff scheduled for Nov. 2. It was the first available free chat with my membership. Can I pay to have a phone call sooner than that with him? I'm not sure how this works.

I'm not trained in any specific energy healing, but I do give Zora an all-over slow massage along her muscles, starting at her head, when she wants one and that tells me a lot about how she is feeling. And I give her lots of love so she always feels safe and content.

I will see if I can find an animal intuitive. In the meantime, I'm planning to consult my Animal Medicine Cards tomorrow. I only use them when I'm feeling stuck in finding a clear answer. Right now I'm mediating on the best question to ask. So far, it's "What can I do for Zora?" which fits in with what you said.

I will definitely reach out to Gail Pope at some point. She sounds wonderful.

Thanks so much for your guidance.
Lisa

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Glad you clarified, Lisa.

The 15 mins is for general questions or minor problems. A homeopathic intake may take an hour or more at the beginning, which is followed by regular phone appointments to decide if the current remedy is effective, or if a new one is needed. For Dr. Jeff - How Do I Become a New Client of Dr. Jeff Feinman's Homeopathic Veterinary Practice in Connecticut?

Also a possibility is a Dr. Jody Bearman. She is a veterinary homeopath who is also finishing her training to treat people. email holisticvetjody@gmail.com.

You can learn more about one intuitive, Kate Solisti, and about Reiki and Eden Energy medicine by listening to empower hours held recently (search for them) and you can learn them on-line, along with the others I mentioned to help both you and she. Your massage is perfect. Set the healing intention before you start. Spending that time with her is so sweet for both of you.

this is a process that both Dr. Jeff and I have been through recently, so we know it can be both challenging, loving and a stimulus for growth.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lisa-

Thanks for the additional info.

Dr. Christina has some great ideas that can definitely help keep Zora in good shape.

It can be transformative, and help her heal, to not think of her as being a sick cancer patient. Visualize her continuing to be a healthy and happy kitty.

Happiness, play and promoting purring will help her be the best she can be.

See if she will eat some fresh food, such as chicken or beef, mixed in with her Sheba, as that will increase her vitality and ability to heal.

Now is also a great time to add some immune-boosting and cancer fighting supplements such as the maitake mushroom Pet Fraction:

LisaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina,

Thanks so much for all your advice. Yesterday, I was able to track down a vet who practices classical homeopathy in my State. She lives quite far from me, but does phone consults so I plan to start working with her asap.

I also remembered this morning that my massage therapist told me years ago that she was friends with an intuitive healer for many years and so I will ask her to examine and do some energy work on Zora this Sunday, and train me, too.

Take care,
Lisa

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Lisa! Please let us know how it goes.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom