• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Finding the best remedy

SusanI

VIP Member
Registered
When choosing a homeopathic remedy, is it okay if not all the symptoms match the remedy as long as many do? And is it ok to give simultaneously with herbal remedies (such as mushroom mix)?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Very rarely, if ever will all the symptoms match because most remedies cause both diarrhea and constipation, for example. you want your pet's most important symptoms (read about the 4 Ps) to fit and most importantly the modalities and the "feel" of the remedy. '

It is fine to give along with other supportive care, though in chronic cases of more severe illness we tend to suggest starting one for a week before introducing another. If you are already on the mushrooms, then ok to give the remedy. If your pet is having acute problems, then it is not as critical.

More important than finding the correct homeopathic medicine, potency, dose and frequency is having a great list of symptoms, then carefully evaluating the response.

Dr. Christina

SusanI

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you! Since he’s been on the mushroom mix, his BEAM is very good! He had a couple of nights early last month when he seemed disoriented for some reason-not in the daytime, only at night and not for very long and nothing since. I’m just keeping a list of any issues he has and then going to go through my copy of Boericke’s.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
That is wonderful, susan, that the mushroom is helping him a lot.

All symptoms, past and present indicate the quantum pattern that you are trying to match. Be sure your symptom list is well quantified so you can carefully evaluate the response.

You seem very committed to learning and using homeopathy, so I would suggest expanding your reference library.
Don Hamilton, Wendy Jensen, Clarke's or Hering's Materia Medica, and even reading on-line about homeopathic medicines you are considering.

Dr. Christina

SusanI

VIP Member
Registered
I do have Don Hamilton’s book, also Wendy Jensen’s, also your dog journal (though my entries were about my last dog who passed on ?) I do hope to figure out what the best remedy would be- I’ve used homeopathy successfully for him before, but the constitutional remedy is what’s
needed now. I am happy that the mushroom combo has helped him so much. I hope to be able to rejoin here at some point too- my month trial is coming to an end and I just can’t afford to keep it going at the present time.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You may want to check the premium membership ($14.79/month).

Excellent that you have some books and I would recommend at least one of those bigger materia medica.

Also, you could print the pages of the Healthy Dog Journal (if you had the ebook) for this dog, or create your own - very important to be tracking these symptoms, as you know. If you want help from a homeopath finding the deepest acting remedy for now, check out www.theAVH.org or www.PIVH.org

Looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Dr. Christina

SusanI

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you! I do have the Boericke’s which is pretty massive. I’m keeping a record. I plan to do a proper chart for him.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom