• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Feliway and Stress Stopper for cats

Vani

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

After my session with @Dr. Jeff I purchased Feliway pheromone spray and and Stress Stopper flower essence droppers for my kitties. For my female cat Luna (7 yrs old) we are hoping this helps provide her calm to prevent blood in her urine (confirmed there’s no bacterial infection or caused by kidney infection via testing). And for my male kitty Franky (7 yrs old), he has a bald patch on his lower belly from over-licking, so we’re hoping this helps with that.

Where should we spray the Feliway and drop the stress stopper, would it be the same places or different places from each other? And should it be in the places that they both typically sleep/rest or places near to those? I don’t want to give the stress stopper orally has it contains alcohol.

Thanks!
Vanya

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I wouldn't put them in exactly the same place because one might dilute the other, but on either side of a resting place, around the litterbox, near where they eat... anywhere they hang out. The amount of alcohol in a few drops of Stress Stopper is tiny, so a drop or two in water would be perfectly fine. But you can also apply it topically to be extra safe, there are detailed directions here: FAQ

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
@Vani I have also used the Feliway plug in diffuser as needed. My vet would also spray feliway on their blanket before going back into their carrier.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom