• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Chronic yeast and ear infections

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi all! I have a 20-month old German Shepherd male, Xander. Since his rabies vax January 2020, he has battled chronic yeast and ear infections with incessant itching and occasional alopecia sequela. My female GSD had been previously prescribed Trazaderm for her one bout ear infection at 4 months old, never to return, but with a significant amount of medication left. Not a huge fan of systemic anti-microbials, I figured this would be benign enough and it had worked in the past. Xander found minimal relief, so my naturopthic doctor brain took over and we started him on a leaky gut protocol which produced great results, his measure of success being the patch of hair that had come out as a result of incessant itching. I maintained him on saccharomyces boulardii throughout the summer with great effects. However, we then hit a plateau fall/winter 2020 where his head shaking just seemed to get worse and worse, so we did a food sensitivity test. We keep him on a SARF diet predominantly of beef, and raw cow's milk, and of course these were his big aggravators. We switched him to bison and raw goat milk, which seemed to produce beneficial results, but by March 2021, his ears were a mess, no matter what we did. All 120 pounds of him would refuse to be dropped off at a vet - and in the time of covid no vets seems to let you in with your pet - which further derailed our improvements - we did find a mobile vet that gave him a topical abx different from the trazaderm and it seemed to give him relief. He continues to improve, but I think seasonally he is impacted, too, however he started to develop hair loss around the pinna of his ears bilaterally with hyperkeratosis and hyperpigmentation. I started him on coconut oil with teatree, as my brain thought malasezzia - having had morphed from candida potentially. It seems to be doing well and I'm noticing the hair that is meant to grow in the inside of his ear is doing so - something that never developed up until now. He is still itchy, his feet are the worst and seem to be the last thing to go. I'm hoping somebody could provide some insight. Please and thank you!

For reference, I had previously tried sulphur 30C with no success. Instead I decided to prescribe constitutionally, having dosed him with phosphorus 30c daily for 7 days last dose being on Saturday may 1st

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
This is an excellent example of why knowing a timetable can be so useful - great work Lindsey!

As you are aware, each thing you tried could possibly have rebalanced Xander's vaccine impacted vital force, but they did not. This is clear palliation - temporary and good improvement with recurrence of the same problem - over and over again. Drugs often do this. Diet and homeopathic medicines and other holistic approaches can as well.

Homeopathy is definitely the next approach as it can repair the deep imbalance. Without knowing the entire case, and all the modalities (which often takes hours to complete), it does sound like the curative homeopathic medicine needs to be in the rubric - Generalities, vaccination, after. Phos and Sulphur are present in the Synthesis Repertory, though they each have very different presentations. For the best chance of a deep cure, I would suggest working with Dr. Jeff as his client (only members can become new clients).

A reminder - one sign of a stronger vital force is the ability to keep the symptoms on the surface - which the ear is. This also can make curing that one symptom much more difficult.

Dr. Christina

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
This is an excellent example of why knowing a timetable can be so useful - great work Lindsey!

As you are aware, each thing you tried could possibly have rebalanced Xander's vaccine impacted vital force, but they did not. This is clear palliation - temporary and good improvement with recurrence of the same problem - over and over again. Drugs often do this. Diet and homeopathic medicines and other holistic approaches can as well.

Homeopathy is definitely the next approach as it can repair the deep imbalance. Without knowing the entire case, and all the modalities (which often takes hours to complete), it does sound like the curative homeopathic medicine needs to be in the rubric - Generalities, vaccination, after. Phos and Sulphur are present in the Synthesis Repertory, though they each have very different presentations. For the best chance of a deep cure, I would suggest working with Dr. Jeff as his client (only members can become new clients).

A reminder - one sign of a stronger vital force is the ability to keep the symptoms on the surface - which the ear is. This also can make curing that one symptom much more difficult.

Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr. Christina - I appreciate the feedback! I chatted with Dr. Jeff yesterday and he had mentioned posting in the forum to see what kind of feedback I would get. Thank you again!

Lyndsey

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting Lyndsey. ?

One other thought we didn't discuss on our chat is using ION*Biome (if you're not already using it) to help the leaky gut that may be predisposing to recurrent ear and allergy symptoms:

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for posting Lyndsey. ?

One other thought we didn't discuss on our chat is using ION*Biome (if you're not already using it) to help the leaky gut that may be predisposing to recurrent ear and allergy symptoms:

Funny you say that. When I went on Emerson last night after we chatted to look up probiotics, I came across that product! I will definitely purchase it now!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ah, gotta love synchronicity!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom