• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Eye scabs

ChristinaB

Community Member
Registered
Hello, my dog Kala.
Maltipoo
Female
Spayed
4.5 years old
BEAM is good
She has something going on in her right eye. About 5 days ago, I noticed she had more eye discharged in that eye (she is always had tearing in her eyes). A couple of days later, I was giving her a bath and I noticed irritation around the same eye. Later that day she was scratching her eye. I did some energy work on her and the scratching decreased, but today I see 4 small scabs around her eye. I want to know if anyone had any ideas of what this could be and if there is anything I need to do. Thank you so much for any insight and support.

D9D598A3-E835-4354-9A4D-4DFB525BA90B.jpeg

FD7DB61B-07F8-4870-9277-424819D3226E.jpeg

468949D5-89F9-4362-A33B-D194015DA207.jpeg

8B051D95-25AA-4A7B-8719-3A27AADF074B.jpeg

D31F7BBA-9AAC-4BC7-A631-A064DBF7052B.jpeg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
What a sweetie pie.
Most important is to continue the energy work. Any time there is a problem, it is important to continue the energy work for a few days after all symptoms have resolved, then continue working until the tearing stops (that is a symptom you may have read about if you took the Holistic Pet Health 101 class which I recommend doing).

From the photo it appears to be more of a skin issue around the eye than problems in the eye itself. There are soothing approaches that can help the skin and will not harm the eye.

A great book to have on hand would help you choose some safe herbs for the eye area is :
Tilford and Wulff - Herbs for Pets (worth the $ to buy the 1st edition hard cover).

And on the HA! website, go to Non member login - Holistic Actions! as many of the suggestions there for in the eye help the skin as well. Like Aloe vera which can be very soothing to the skin and is safe in the eyes.

You can also rub some drop of Cod-liver oil on the skin around the eye which will stimulate healing.

Next, find whatever makes her happy right now - cuddling, playing, eating treats, etc. And work on keeping your mind clear and unworried.

dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Christina!

Yes, Kala is adorable!! :dog2: ? ?

Skin scabs are often a result of scratching.

Perhaps see what your vet says tomorrow and then let us know.

ChristinaB

Community Member
Registered
Thank you both so much for your messages. I will continue to do the energy work and will definitely look into the herbs as well. She luckily continues to be in good spirits and continues to play and have fun. Here is a video of her playing with my husband ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Christina!

That's great that she's a happy girl! The video did not upload to the forum, so you can also try sharing it on Skype. If we're not already connected on Skype, you can find me by searching for drfeinman.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
When the vital force is happy, yet is being triggered by something and is healthy enough to push the symptoms out to the skin, it is important to not do anything to suppress those symptoms.

Soothing and energy work are the best!

Dr. Christina

ChristinaB

Community Member
Registered
Hi, I noticed the issues started with the spring landscaping done in the community. She licked her paws for a couple of weeks and it was around the same time the community did some landscaping. I know they treated the grass with something that is strong because I found little warning signs around the community for certain grass areas.

Thank you for all of your support. I love being part of this community.

Christina

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Ah... now we have a good possibility for a trigger.
continue with good food, energy treatments, TLC to build the vitality so the vital force can withstand community toxins in the future!

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom