• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Essential Oil Overview From A Human Hospital

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

When doing research for next week's webinar and email, I found this great slide set about essential oil use in 1,000+ kids in 1 year at Children's Mercy Hospital in KC.

4 kinds of medical grade EOs (lavender, peppermint, mandarin, spearmint) were available in the hospital pharmacy and here's what they learned:

essential oil used in 1,000 people.pngessential oil indication 1,000 people.png

One take away from this data is that peppermint could be a super oil to use for gastritis and enteritis in our pets.

One such combination oil that also helps with achy joints is:

https://www.animaleo.info/any-itis.html

The great full slide set can be viewed below. The pdf of it will be available for download from a new essential oil section of your HMDM (Holistic Medical Decision Making) research folder.

Maybe @Dr.Melissa will share on this thread whether any other animalEO oils are good to use for pets with vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea symptoms.

Dr.Melissa

Registered
Veterinarian
Awesome post Jeff!

For vomiting, diarrhea and nausea symptoms - we often go towards the blend G.I. Goe (pronounced GI Joe). This has a large base of peppermint, but also other oils that are incredibly helpful to the gastrointestinal system, such as Ginger or Copaiba. But every oil within GI Goe will have a special function in GI concerns (motility, spasm, gas...)

Now, what I feel is very important is also to not hyper-focus on symptomatic treatment alone. This is what the blend GI Goe is more targeted at. Although it most certainly has many other emotional as well as physical aspects (it is a divine muscle massage oil too - mainly I use this in humanimals). But whatever reason you have a GI concern...whether viral, or food poisoning, or whatever, it is nice to support the entire body as well. And to support the immune system.

So for myself in a food poisoning episode - I used GI Goe for my symptom relief. When I was horribly nauseated, but just couldn't vomit - GI Goe helped me to vomit (sounds like not fun, but is a great relief when that is what you are in need of!). And when I am nauseated and don't need to vomit, it helps to settle that. Or diarrhea, or even constipation. Essential oils are smart - and work towards equilibrium. So while it seems counter-intuitive to use the same blend for diarrhea as we do for constipation - it works for both - and very well.

But some of our full body support blends should always be used as well. I will use AromaBoost (LITE or RTU) and/or Boost in a Bottle (regular or LITE) for myself or my dogs. And these blends contain GI Goe within them - but while supporting many other aspects of my condition I want support for. So if the flu - I am getting oils within Boost in a Bottle like Melissa Essential Oil which is highly anti-viral.

In my opinion - use oils for symptoms - but always include a body support as well. And I always find I feel a lot better with diffusion as well (for humans we can certainly use an inhaler stick too).

Dr. Melissa Shelton
animalEO Essential Oils for Animals
Certified Aromatherapist

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom