• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog with Undiagnosed Cough

HA! Support

Administrator
VIP Member
Registered
This is Kim from Support posting on behalf of member Judy:

The little white dog was from a cruelty case I did 12 years ago. Local vet checked and his heart is good.
Can’t pinpoint the cough and it bothers the owner more than the dog.

Your thoughts?

@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve

Attachments

• IMG_4301.MOV
    426.2 KB

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Classical homeopathy - oh, and animal communication. See if something happened to him. I'd think there would also be more thorough diagnostic work to do. I would not accept any allopathic drugs for this.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I second Ginny.

Great book with one coughing case and may shift you already great thinking, Judy - Your pet isn't sick he just wants you to think he is - by herb tanzer shows how owner stress and behavior andexpectations really does affect them physically.

Offer multiple throat soothing (energy methods, honey, vit C, rescue remedy or other flower essences for coughs in a separate water bowl (so he can opt in or out), happiness protocol.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Could be laryngeal damage from a tight collar or pulling too hard on leash/chain, or collapsing trachea (though this sounds a bit more extreme than that). Drugs would not help. Agree with Ginny & Christina as to remedies.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Kim for making the post for Judy.

Has this pup been exposed to other dogs (groomer, kennel, otherwise) in the past few weeks?

Lots of extra snuffle mat sessions, Therapeutic Sniff Walks and Ionbox twice a day should help.

And definitely homeopathy and fresh food feeding.

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you all so much for your help. I will pass on to the owner. Obviously the owner who loves him dearly doesn’t like what traditional vet told her. She is an RN and has a Naturopathic practice so I’m a bit surprised. He does go to work with her daily but not around other dogs or kenneled. He is also about 13-14 years old best we know and I have his buddy from the case.
Thank you all
Judy

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Judy!

It sounds like the pup's nurse naturopath guardian might benefit from being part of the HA! community.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom