• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Rocks in water bowls

annakolomy

Registered
hi Team,

I've purchased dog rocks to put in their water bowl.I've done this as we've recently laid new turf and Bumble Bee (female)'s urine is killing the new lawn.
Having previously used these rocks it stops the urine burn.

However somewhere along the line I've heard that they are detrimental to my dogs kidneys, any truth to this?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It would be great if you could point us to the link for the dog rocks.

Personally, I don't know what they are.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Nothing helps lawn kill except dilution--on the grass; meaning, you kind of have to follow them with a watering can to dilute the nitrogen in the urine.

Depending on what the rocks are made of... there could be minerals that get in the water, and that could be a problem. Many minerals are toxic if overdosed.

annakolomy

Registered
Ok the link for the rocks is:

@Dr. Jean Hofve, yes attempting that, but not always possible. It's also only my female dog, not my male dog.

@Dr. Christina , ok Bee (the culprit) doesn't drink much water, she never has. Bug however (my boy) has always been a big drinker, he however is the problem child and Bee certainly appears to be totally ailment free..

Thank you for the grass saver link, if that is a healthier option then the rocks then I can get that!
Hoping that it also wont be a long term problem once the grass fully takes (its only about 3 weeks old at the moment)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom