• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog limping on front legs- wonder if paws are the problem

AliceR

Registered
Hello,
@Dr.Jeff and @Dr.Christina and anyone else who has any input.

I have written about my dog, Reese, before
12yr old neutered English Shepherd
Raw with Honest Kitchen base, ABC diet one day a week (hearts, eggs, sardines and veggies)
Has had distemper/parvo, bordatella, rabies in past- currently has had a rabies shot
Had low RBCs in 2015- resulted in a splenectomy
BEM is good, A has been down since Jan,but better
Hypothyroid diagnosis after the splenectomy was on Nature thyroid- recall so has been on thyro tab 0.3 2x day
Dr. Jennifer Pearson diagnosed possible discoid lupus - prescribed entoderm , didn't use
Working with Dr. Jeff L.- appointment on the 13th, remedy CAL Carb 200c

Current problem:
Has been limping on F leg, believe it's the R front. Tonight I looked at the pad and it looked like it was pulling away from the paw- wondering if hdyperkeratonois, take him in to regular vet, Dr. Jennifer Pearson, or wait to talk to homeopathic vet Dr. Jeff L. I have limited exercise.

Thank you,
Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Alice-

Yes, it looks like some hyperkeratosis of the pad. In my experience this doesn't usually cause a pup to be lame (unless s/he is super sensitive or the pad is really sore).

Is he licking or chewing on the foot?

How's his nose? This may be part of the healing process.

Perhaps get an exam from Dr. Pearson, use some soothing topicals like calendula, jojoba oil, aloe vera plant or gel

AliceR

Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff.

He is not licking or chewing on the foot. This morning, he switched to limping on his L leg and hovering the paw above the floor- of course that didn't stop him from playing with the cats and he was really disappointed not to join Apollo and me for a walk. The L foot also slid from under his body but that could be because I put Musher's Secret on the pads, which has wax in it and caused him to slide.

I did call Dr. Jeff L. and we will talk tomorrow instead of next week.

Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Do you have a recent Lyme C6 or Cornell Multiplex test result for Reese?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Cool! :thumbsup:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom