• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Born Without Spleen

MauraF

VIP Member
Registered
In January, a friend lost their 3-year old black lab to hemangiosarcoma. Last week, they had their new yellow lab puppy spayed and the vet told them that although there was some tissue where the spleen should be, the spleen itself had never developed. This puppy has the same father as the black lab. The owner wants to do everything possible to ensure a long, happy life for the pup. Thoughts, comments, and suggestions, please. Thank you in advance.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
It is so wonderful for you to look for health building solutions for your friends to try. Do you have a sense what they are willing to do?

The very best would be to become HA! members and make a full homeopathic appointment with Dr. Jeff, knowing that with a congenital problem and a family history of cancer they will need to be trying a lot of things and working on a regular basis with Dr. Jeff or other veterinary homeopaths. How Do I Become a New Client of Dr. Jeff Feinman's Homeopathic Veterinary Practice in Connecticut?

Next best is to have them become a bronze member (for free) and take the introductory class on pet health here, and begin reading and learning about the basic keys to a balanced, vital dog.

• Feed a fresh food diet and never processed
  • Avoid all vaccines, maybe even Rabies - that would need to be discussed with their veterinary homeopath (or chinese medicine veterinarian).
  • Get plenty of mental and physical exercise
  • Avoid using drugs to stop symptoms and learn about the Early Warning Signs of Internal Imbalance and BEAM, keep a journal of any changes.
  • Learn Reiki, Eden energy healing (we have had speakers on these) or other "energetic" healing approaches and do it regularly.
let us know how else we can help.
Dr. Christina

MauraF

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks for your prompt response. I was actually looking for ideas specific to this dog and her lack of a spleen. Thanks to being a member of the Holistic Actions group since it's inception, I was already able to provide the general information that you suggested. Kind regards.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Maura-

Thanks for your awe-some support of HA! I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend's young dog.

Regarding your friend's dog, why do they think he was born without a spleen? Without an abdominal ultrasound or exploratory surgery, this is very hard to confirm. The typical spay incision is not big enough to allow visualizing the spleen area.

Regardless, I'm glad that your friends already know to start the health building and proactive preventive measures that Dr. Christina mentioned.

The only other ones I'd advise would be super vigilance about ticks using frequent flea combing and maybe even using an insect shield when they go to an area with lots of ticks.

Yes, it uses an insecticide but periodic usage may be worth the risk.

Also, now might be a great time for them to learn more about using vitality and balance to keep their pup healthy.

AA

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom