• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Does anyone know anything about Vibralife supplement?

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
I have a friend asking me about this supplement. Vibralife for Dogs – 2 lbs – Vibralife

It claims to eliminate parasites, toxins, strengthen the immune system among other things.

She was wondering about Giardia. Would it help? She has a yard with a pond and she seems to have an issue with Giardia on her property.

I was wondering about some of the ingredients and if this is a useful supplement.

Ingredients: Reed sedge peat, diatomaceous earth, hydrated sodium aluminosilicate, salt, yeast, kelp, psyllium husk, molasses, coconut oil, natural flavors, garlic powder, water.

Any thoughts?
Jackie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jackie-

Sorry to be so late answering your question.

I had never heard of this product before tonight, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Apparently peats are indeed used internally and here's the abstract of an article that discusses them:

ABSTRACT: Peat is an easily available natural material and a source of biologically active substances widely used, not only in agriculture but in human and animal medicine as well. In recent years, interest in the use of peat as a feed supplement has increased, particularly due to its capability to prevent enteric diseases and to stimulate growth in piglets and pigs. The purpose of this review was to compare the advantages and risks associated with the use of peat for animal nutrition based on the literature available. Beneficial effects of various peat preparations on digestion, growth and the immune systems of animals as well as the absorbent and detoxifying capabilities are associated with the high content of favourable humic substances. One disadvantage of using peat preparations is the considerable diversity of the various types of peat caused by different biological, chemical and geological conditions during formation. Biological activity of various peat preparations is associated not only with fluctuations in the chemical compositions, but also with different application techniques. Based on the existing studies, it is unclear which application technique is most effective for respective animal species. Further studies should be conducted to elucidate the problem, with the inclusion of farm animals. One potential risk of peat feeding is the possibility of primary or secondary mycobacterial contamination. As long as feed rations are supplemented with peat preparations, it is essential to minimise the potential contamination risk during mining, processing and storage.

Here's the link to the full article:

Some germane points from the article:

Effects of peat on organisms
3.1. Stimulation of digestion
3.1.1. Reduction of pH in the intestine 3.1.2. Effect on the contraction activity of
smooth muscles
3.1.3. Improvement of nutrient uptake and
conversion efficiency
3.1.4. Detoxifying capability of peat
3.1.5. Effect on biochemical and haematologi-
cal characteristics
3.2. Stimulation of growth and production per-
formance in animals
3.3. Effect of humic substances on health

Based on what I've just read, this product should be safe and is absolutely worth a try.

I've also had a few clients use this product successfully for all intestinal parasites:

However, plain 'ole Panacur (or OTC Safe-Guard) is safe and effective.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom