• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Diagnoses don't let symptoms leave!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
In "therapeutics" yoga class, one of the five attendees was talking with the instructor about her recent diagnosis of a disc rupture L4-5.

But she was walking fine, in fact had much better posture than me, and did not visually appear to be in pain or on heavy meds (which often sedate you).

She was also not restricted in any way.

Yet her "prolapsed disc" was mentioned several time during class (we get chatty in therapeutics classes sometimes).

This is another example to me of how much we love our diagnoses.

I should know, since even I felt a lot of relief when I learned my diagnosis a few years ago.

I mention the significance to us of symptoms because of one important medical fact.

That is, symptoms come and go.

They are just (an awesome!) part of life.

However as body physiology changes internally, so too change symptoms.

Yet diagnoses stick around.

That's all I'm saying.

Like our wise companion animals, we should live for the day.

Not restricted by a diagnosis.

Dr. Jeff

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
This has been a challenge for me. When new friends or ones from the far distant past see me limping, they want to know what is wrong with me.

I can state some diagnoses, like bone on bone hip joints, lyme disease, osteoarthritis of my big toe and hips, fatigue and more. This is what they want, then they suggest specific treatments.

The truth for me is I am not my diagnoses. I have some symptoms that do limit some of what I want to do (hike a lot, ride horses and bikes). Some days I do great. Other days not as well.

Our animals have symptoms that limit what they do as well. They may have good days and not so good days. They may have a few symptoms that completely resolve on their own, or with holistic and homeopathic treatment to build vitality and balance.

Your dog does not walk around saying, "I have lyme disease, so I guess I will always have problems." She says, "I feel like running today," or "I do not think I can walk as far today."

Sometimes it is good to know what may be causing specific symptoms, then let go, if possible of the diagnosis and work to regain balance. Other times, merely letting the sneezing, coughing, diarrhea go on for a few days (if the BEAM is good) is the best choice to not get stuck with a diagnosis.

If you worry about a diagnosis, post it here and we can all help you see it in the context of your pet's current symptoms.

Dr. C

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sometimes it is good to know what may be causing specific symptoms, then let go

Yes!

Diagnosis of the physiologic cause provides important context, but does not automatically lead to any specific treatment.

It is the energetic cause, which is an imbalance, that needs to be treated.

This is most important for your pets to maintain balance and remain healthy (or regain health).

Internal energetic imbalance leads to the cellular and physiologic changes which are reflected by internal and external symptoms.

Symptoms (and diagnoses) come and go as part of life.

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom