• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Demodex mange in littermates after rabies vaccine

H

HelenV

We have two puppies from the same litter, Apollo the male, and Theo the female. Apollo showed symptoms of the mange about 2 weeks after rabies vaccine and Theo as well. Apollo was treated with homeopathic Silicea 200C and he has since bounced back almost completely from the mange. Theo was treated with Thuja 30C after the vaccine and is much slower to heal. I also believe that her thyroid may have been impacted.

Both are fed a raw, natural diet and supplemented with Omega Alpha Probiotic 8 Plus and Nutrify, Udo's essentials for dogs, colostrum, raw organic apple cider added to their food and a good quality olive oil or coconut oil, and I make my own organic turmeric paste.

Theo loves the heat, sitting in the window baking in the sun, hair loss < right side, anxious at night and afraid of loud noises (barks at sirens and thunder). I gave her Arsenicum 30C and she has slept soundly for the past two nights, not moving from her original position on our bed. She has the classic exhaustion seen in the acids and I did notice more of a spring in her step today and yesterday. I am a registered homeopath in Ontario.

Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks so much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Helen! :)

Theo and Apollo are awful fortunate to eat so well and have a trained homeopath as their mom!

Great news about Apollo's healing!:snowman:

Are they pure or mixed breed pups?

What age are they and is there any other history?

What makes you think that Theo's thyroid has been impacted??

H

HelenV

Thank you so much :) We absolutely adore them both, and truthfully I find raising two so much easier than one. They are just an absolute job, so smart and incredibly well behaved both on and off leash.

They are 5 months old tomorrow. Unfortunately, they had three sets of shots already - one before they arrived at our home for parvo and distemper, then another at 12 weeks, then the rabies at 16 weeks. I believe that Apollo actually had a severe GI reaction to the first vaccine, resulting in near collapse and watery diarrhea. His constitution is strong and he's a resilient little beast.

They are American bulldog/lab crosses. Theo seemed to fare better after the first vaccine, no diarrhea, but did experience GI issues after the 2nd vaccine. It was after the rabies vaccine that I noticed she is much slower to rise from waking. She's a very high energy girl usually and I have noticed her energy steadily declining after the rabies vaccine. That in combination with the extreme patchy hair loss on her, which started on her forehead and right temple and spread down to her right side extremities leads me to believe that her thyroid is also impacted. Apollo also had some minor hair loss but all of those patches have since filled in.

Thank you for your help.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Theo seemed to respond very well to the Arsenicum album, which fit quite well, so I would stick with that remedy for now.

when you feel the need to repeat (return of symptoms, especially the BEAM ones) maybe do several doses of plussing the 30c, or go on up to a 200c.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Helen. ?

Yes Theo's declining energy is definitely very important in her case but probably is more of a useful individual symptom rather than evidence of clinical hypothyroidism (which typically takes years to develop).

However, her lower energy and hair loss may be clues that could she be predisposed to hypothyroidism, but as you know, the power of homeopathy ⚡can keep her from developing it!

I agree with Dr. Christina that you should stick with Ars for now.

Keep a close eye on her BEAM (and especially energy) which will always help guide you towards a cure.??

I look forward to following Apollo and Theo's cases throughout their long lives...??

H

HelenV

Thanks so much Dr. Christina and Dr. Jeff. I must say that I am so impressed with your level of dedication and commitment to this forum. I am relieved to have access to such wonderful resources that align with my values and wellness philosophies.

I feel confident that I can get Theo and Apollo to their optimum level of wellness in no time. They are such wonderful creatures, still so energetic, mischievous and funny. I will keep an eye on the BEAM. Appetite definitely not affected lol :) I will continue with the Arsenicum 30 C as suggested and let you know when the picture changes.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Helen, and thank you for the kind words! ?

H

HelenV

Theo continues to do very well on the Arsenicum 30C. I notice that her patches are slowly starting to fill in in the reverse order in which they appeared (great direction of cure). She continues to sleep through the night with no restlessness. Her BEAM is fantastic. She's quite the little spitfire :) We adore her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yay!!:snowman:

H

HelenV

Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina, so pleased to report that Theo's demodex is almost completely gone now and all of the bald patches have almost completely filled in. I dosed Theo twice more after this message. Thank you both for your advice and words of wisdom.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic!

You're welcome Helen it's our pleasure to help. ?

And thank you for the update.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom