• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Charlie Update -- Vet Visit

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff -- I wanted to give you some updates on Charlie from last Monday's vet appointment.

I was surprised to find out he has hookworms. I'm going to start him on Verm-X today. He's not had this supplement before. He received the praziquantel injection when he had tapeworms. Do I need to do anything else? Vet wants to give him panacur. He's lost a little bit of weight again. He still hasn't reached 40 pounds yet.

His vitamin D level dropped to 98.3 from 102.1 in April. It was 68.0 in January. I think I can manage this with diet -- eggs and sardines. He gets steamed mushrooms frequently in his diet. There's also a little D3 in OncoSupport that I give him on weekends so I could give that to him every day and skip the kelp. Yes?

T4 was on the low end, 0.9. Was 1.3 in April and 1.0 in January. Thinking of asking for the Free T4 to get the whole picture. Would I, should I, could I start him on the Thyro-Go you suggested to @LoriW for Eric before additional test results?

Dry discharge in both ears. Started Zymox again. Was using green tea to wipe out his ears but didn't go deep.

BEAM is still better than it has ever been since I've had him (8.5 months) although there's been a little energy drop during the last week or so.

Thanks! I'll schedule a 15-minute call as well.

Kristen

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the update Kristen.

Nope, nothing you need to do. The fresh food and stimulation you already give Charlie, is perfect!

The Verm-X + homeopathy should help him gain weight.

If you have a good quality kelp like that from Thorvin, then yes. I'd add it to his food a few times/week.

Yes, you can start the Thyro-GO right away.

Fantastic that you are tracking his BEAM and that it is improving.

As you know, that means that what you're doing is helping him.

Keep it up!

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Kristen.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom