• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

CBD side effects

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, Teddy’s BEAM is at 99% and he no longer wakes up at 4 am, it seems it’s related to dosing time of phosphorus which I now give at 6pm. He now wakes at 6 am just in time for breakfast! I have been using the RX hemp and give 4 mg at 11am and 4 at 11 pm. 3mg is directly given with a bit of food like a pill and the 1 mg mixed in food. The bottle was almost empty and he has been calm, not nervous and so I thought great this cbd is ok. THEN i got a new bottle just opened it and on day 2 he was wired all night last night, meowing, pacing and I know know that the full strength cbd is too strong for him. Is there another brand that you have worked with that I can try. I think today I am going to cut the dose in half and see what happens but he was very “wired” most of dayand night with this new bottle? I did not sleep all night because he was meowing all night and I know it’s the cbd, not the phenobarbital. I oils appreciate your input on anycats you have treated that may have reacted to cbd like this? Again, he was fine the past 2 weeks with the end of the bottle cbd, butsince using this new bottle he is very jumpy. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
JoAnn, he may not need the CBDs so perhaps try a night or two without them.

Please ask Dr. Judy for her CBD advice.

Personally I've only worked with Rx Hemp but many people love the Earth Animal transdermal.

@PandaBear should be able to comment further about this one.

@Nicci has also used it and like it a lot.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff. Last night I lowered the dose from this bottle by half and he slept the whole night and is fine. Definitely a consistent potency issue. It’s a good product from for some reason at least with Teddy, each bottle affects him differently.
I have a note into Dr Judy too to let her know, I am so scared that any change may trigger something in Teddy but I know that his being so “wired” 2 nights ago was related to the strength in the new bottle.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ah, did you happen to get a bottle of Rx Hemp Forte rather than regular strength hemp?

If so, that certainly would explain it from a CBD dose perspective.

The Rx Vitamin products are very consistent and don't vary in dose from batch to batch.?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom