• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat urinating on quilt and licking it??

MarijkeH

Registered
Name: TG
Type: small, grey & fluffy
Diet: presently on a variety of 'Fancy Feast' tin food along with her brother 'Henney'
Mood: Tends to swish tail a lot, easily spooked. Mostly sweet and cuddly.
Behaviour: loves cuddles, likes to call the shots
TG has been a 'bed wetter' for sometime (since before we adopted her).
A few days ago, she strolled off to her room and proceeded to squat (looking straight at me)on her quilt. A few minutes later she was laying on the quilt continuously licking her urine?

Dr Jeff Dr Jean

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Since cats can't text, or leave you a post-it note on the refrigerator, this is her direct form of communication. It means "something is wrong, please fix it." One of my cats who did that was telling me he was displeased with the new location of the litterbox. (I moved it back immediately!) So you get to play detective and figure out what that is. Here's a list of possibilities:
Why Did My Cat Pee Outside the Litterbox? | Little Big Cat - Dr. Jean Hofve

To help you decide which investigative path is most likely, you want to assess her BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood), and consider any other symptoms--particularly any changes.

In a cat that age, irritation in the ureters, bladder, or urethra would be high on my list. Has she been checked by your vet?

MarijkeH

Registered
Since cats can't text, or leave you a post-it note on the refrigerator, this is her direct form of communication. It means "something is wrong, please fix it." One of my cats who did that was telling me he was displeased with the new location of the litterbox. (I moved it back immediately!) So you get to play detective and figure out what that is. Here's a list of possibilities:
Why Did My Cat Pee Outside the Litterbox? | Little Big Cat - Dr. Jean Hofve

To help you decide which investigative path is most likely, you want to assess her BEAM (Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood), and consider any other symptoms--particularly any changes.

In a cat that age, irritation in the ureters, bladder, or urethra would be high on my list. Has she been checked by your vet?
Much appreciation for the reply - Now i get to play detective :cool2:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Also, I would begin now to find a holistic veterinarian or 2 to be your primary vets as their evaluation should be more complete and looking at all possibilities. Go to holisticactions.com/select and read the whole article. where do you live?

Definitely she is trying to tell you something - emotionally or physically.

Keep her litter box pristine clean and go back to prior litter if you changed that recently. Has her brother been bothering her? Does she need a more private place, or a lower box if she may have trouble getting into it?

Dr. Christina

MarijkeH

Registered
Much appreciation for the reply - Now i get to play detective :cool2:
Also, I would begin now to find a holistic veterinarian or 2 to be your primary vets as their evaluation should be more complete and looking at all possibilities. Go to holisticactions.com/select and read the whole article. where do you live?

Definitely she is trying to tell you something - emotionally or physically.

Keep her litter box pristine clean and go back to prior litter if you changed that recently. Has her brother been bothering her? Does she need a more private place, or a lower box if she may have trouble getting into it?

Dr. Christina
Thank you for the response - I live in South Australia. Also, there are no holistic vets here (that I am aware of).

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Everyone says that, yet are very surprised when they go to the websites. While not as complete for you, there are holistic associations in Australia and many holistic vets.

The homeopathic veterinarians can work by phone. If you do find some useful websites for holistic australian vets, do share them so we can add them to the site. College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies listed 30 in Australia, with at least one doing virtual consults and one in South Australia. the other websites will have even more.

Yes, it does take a lot of work initially, then is very very worth it. And Check out www.WholeEnergyBodyBalance.com. Dr. Ed will be our speaker this Monday's webinar and is in Australia and does remote as well as training classes.

Dr. Christina

MarijkeH

Registered
Everyone says that, yet are very surprised when they go to the websites. While not as complete for you, there are holistic associations in Australia and many holistic vets.

The homeopathic veterinarians can work by phone. If you do find some useful websites for holistic australian vets, do share them so we can add them to the site. College of Integrative Veterinary Therapies listed 30 in Australia, with at least one doing virtual consults and one in South Australia. the other websites will have even more.

Yes, it does take a lot of work initially, then is very very worth it. And Check out www.WholeEnergyBodyBalance.com. Dr. Ed will be our speaker this Monday's webinar and is in Australia and does remote as well as training classes.

Dr. Christina
Thank you :)
Have had consult with Dr Clare Ellis whilst she was still in training and to the best of my knowledge, she compliments mainstream practice with herbal medicines. Besides it would be a 6hour round trip from our new location. TG would get massively stressed.
Yes, I am aware of Dr Ed and am currently participating in one of his courses.
Will contact Dr Ed and see what he has to offer.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom