• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat, teeth , Forl

B

Bettina

My cat did got FORL when he was 4 years old. He is now 7 years. He have got one tooth removed (the big tooth to crunch bones with)
My cat still have bad mouth, the red line on the gums.

What can I do?DSC_1548.JPG

DSC_1552.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bettina, and welcome!

Have you gone through the Holistic Essentials intro. course yet? There's lots of specific suggestions for foods that can help his teeth there.

Even cats without any teeth can eat big chunks of raw meat and smaller bones.

The red line on the gums and tooth lesions are symptoms of imbalance best addressed using homeopathy.

In addition, Oratene gel + Neem bark powder applied to his teeth/gums every day will help.

A well-absorbed (usually in a gel cap) of CoQ-10 orally will also help.

Also, there are dozens of other suggestion in the dental care Empower Hour! webinars that you can watch or listen to.

B

Bettina

Thanks for the answer. I live in Denmark so i have to find products I can buy here. I'm trying to find around on the site, so I make sure to read and watch all about it.
Hi Bettina, and welcome!

Have you gone through the Holistic Essentials intro. course yet? There's lots of specific suggestions for foods that can help his teeth there.

Even cats without any teeth can eat big chunks of raw meat and smaller bones.

The red line on the gums and tooth lesions are symptoms of imbalance best addressed using homeopathy.

In addition, Oratene gel + Neem bark powder applied to his teeth/gums every day will help.

A well-absorbed (usually in a gel cap) of CoQ-10 orally will also help.

Also, there are dozens of other suggestion in the dental care Empower Hour! webinars that you can watch or listen to.
Thabks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Bettina.

You can definitely find local farms to get fresh meat and bones.

Many of the products can be shipped directly to Denmark.

Also, @denize might know about local availability of holistic pet products.

Regarding adding a vet homeopathy to your team, that is easy as some of us will work remotely.

Please keep us updated, and post and mouth/gum pictures that you get.

B

Bettina

Thanks, i have order Mush to cats, and some different raw meat, Liver, heart, meat with bones, so I can make sure my cats get the right food now. Before they only get orijen cat&kitten dryfood and raw chicken with bones.

It will be good to know which product there will be good to give my cats. Im totally new in here and I have trust on the normally vet, he told me raw food was not good for my cats. So I have to learn all from the beginning and I'm really happy for I found your site, it's time to learn now and get healthy ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How great that you want to learn more Bettina!

Yes, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) also recommends against the species-appropriate (raw meat) diet.

Processed food is one of the triggers for decreasing lifespan and increasing chronic dis-eases.

Did your vet tell you specifically why this diet is not good for your cats? If not, perhaps you can ask him.

I'm so happy as well that you found HA! and look forward to sharing information to aid your empowerment.

B

Bettina

How great that you want to learn more Bettina!

Yes, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) also recommends against the species-appropriate (raw meat) diet.

Processed food is one of the triggers for decreasing lifespan and increasing chronic dis-eases.

Did your vet tell you specifically why this diet is not good for your cats? If not, perhaps you can ask him.

I'm so happy as well that you found HA! and look forward to sharing information to aid your empowerment.

Yes the vet told me, if I give the raw diet, my cat can be sick since he don't get the right thing there are in dry food.

About the teeth problem, Jeff, do you have experience with this product? : Amazon.com : Dental Care, VETERINARY Natural Alcohol-FREE Liquid Extract, Pet Herbal Supplement 4 oz : Pet Supplies

Will it be good for my cat?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I don't have any experience with this product Bettina.

However, I see that the ingredients look great (as they do on most HP products) and that my friend Anthony recommends it.

That's good enough for me, so I'd give it a try and let us know how it works.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom