• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat showing signs of UTI

JulyS

VIP Member
Registered
Hello everyone,

One of my cats (male, ~8 yo?, neutered) is showing signs of a UTI (not using the box very often and when he is very small amount that he is straining for a long time for). I've started using flower essences on him as well as giving him uva ursi and d-mannose (he already gets structured water and extra water in his meals). I have subcutaneous fluids I give to my other cat with kidney disease. This cat was on the cusp for his last blood work in the fall. Would it be okay to give him 100-150 ml of fluids I give to my other cat to help him along?

Thanks,

July

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry to hear about your kitty, July.:(
Would it be okay to give him 100-150 ml of fluids I give to my other cat to help him along?
Yes, that's perfect!

What does he eat?

JulyS

VIP Member
Registered
Sorry to hear about your kitty, July.:(
Thank you. He rarely complains so I am glad he peed right in front of me to take notice.

Yes, that's perfect!

What does he eat?
He eats store bought raw, mostly Small Batch, but I have been trying to work in Raw Dynamic which my local store started carrying (SB is special order). Ingredients look good and same ethically sourced meat and small scale batches. But he doesn't love it and has skipped some of a meal here or there. Because he's overweight I didn't care too much, but that means he also skipped his fluids. Been a bit picky lately when historically he'd eat most anything except not a fan of duck. I'll give him some extra attention. He's been the only of four not needing special treatment so likely not been loved on enough.

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
@JulyS good luck with your kitty. With my female cat I have had good luck using homeopathy as prescribed by a homeopathic vet.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom