• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat scratch

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Ok, this is about me more than the kitty I rescued yesterday. It was a struggle but I got her into the cat carrier. Unfortunately, I suffered several scratches and a couple of bites. Most are healing well except for a deep scratch on my right wrist. The wrist is now red, swollen and hot and hurts like hell! I have been bathing all owies with a calendula/water solution which has worked ok except for the right wrist issue. It is not possible to seek out a doctor at emerg (or a clinic) due to Mr Coronavirus hogging all the attention. What more can I do for myself? Sure as hell do not want to go the antibiotic route!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bonnie-

I'm so sorry to hear about your wounds but am glad that you were able to rescue the kitty!

As you know, we're not making any treatment recommendations here, but I can certainly share general strategies.

For example, red, sore and swollen signs of local inflammation often responds nicely to hot epsom salts compresses.inflammation signs.jpg

Even better could be massaging in magnesium oil (often made from epsom salts) in addition to the compresses.

As you know, acute inflammation like this is a good sign that the body is responding appropriately to an injury.INFLAMMATION.jpg

In kitties, Lachesis is often indicated. Belladonna if there's no response to Lach.

You can also use the "bites of poisonous animals" rubric to guide you to others.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thanks Dr Jeff. I thought since you and the HA team have probably had your share of bites and scratches over the years, you could offer helpful suggestions, which you have done. I am happy to report that after performing some rigorous cleaning and bathing of the scratch site, (had to bite down on a bullet for this one. . just kidding!) and using my magic mother tincture of Calendula and purified water, the owie is much better today. The little kitty, who I have named Chantelle, is doing well and eating like a horse. She appears to be healthy despite living on the street. I think this is because she is young and may have not spent a lot of time on the street up to the time I found her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, and I'm so glad that your Chantelle wounds are better.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom