• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Caring for a Pup with no teeth

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Julie W. - Thank you so so much for the super useful and valuable info. We had a not-so-good experience at the vet today so we came home without getting the dental done. However, I'm happy to report that we were able to make an appointment with another local vet...and he's a holistic vet...not a homeopath vet but he's open to it.

@GinnyW - sometimes it truly becomes a battle fighting for our guys/girls!

I really appreciate @Dr. Jeff for his help today - I was not able to make HMDM myself today due to total panic.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences, Julie and Ginny!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so glad that you connected with an open-minded vet Christine.

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
Arnica 1M and rest. The dog took it easy for a few days.
I waited 2 weeks before I feed anything crunchy because of stitches.
I added a probiotic.
The vet dentist recommended Welcome to Healthy Mouth LLC | the healthy choice for your dog, cat, horse but I did not try it.
Hi Julie, I purchased this today. I thought I'd give it a shot. Dr. Jean Dodd' did a clinical trial on her Greyhounds with this product. See the results in the attached. Healthy Mouth | Dog, Cat, Horse I'll let you know how I do.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Wow, I'm awaiting your results! I use a product from InClover called BioBrilliant, which comes as a coarse powder to be sprinkled on food. It shares some ingredients, so it will be interesting. I suppose one could use both:)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Looks great Liz.

I was about to email Karen but then saw the cost of the product. Regardless of price, if it works it's worth it!

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, I was a little shocked at the price! Shipping wasn't cheap either. And the water additive is green. So hopefully they don't mind the green water. I'll let you know how it goes.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi All! Sorry for the overdue update on Hope's dental surgery.

All of her remaining teeth (27 of them) were removed a week ago. Her gums were filled with pus (poor girl). The first 24 hours post op was pretty rough...The holistic vet who performed the surgery was amazing - he had Arnica 10M at his clinic and he dosed her the remedy right before and after the surgery. He also used ozonated water during the surgery and applied ozonated olive oil cream on Hope's gums afterwards. He checked in with us every day until Hope was stable. Gabapentin and anti-inflammatory (no antibiotics) were prescribed but Arnica 10M was our first go-to. Gabapentin was given only on the first 1.5 days. I gave her extra ElleVet CBD oils instead of the anti-inflammatory meds.

We truly witnessed the power of homeopathy, Arnica 10M in this case!

Hope's recovering - eating and drinking well - with tummy upset for like a day (Nux 30C came to the rescue!) - we will be seeing the vet for a follow-up next week.

Attachments

• 20210408_105648.pdf
    808.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yay! :snowman:

It's wonderful to hear that Hope is doing well Christine!

Especially considering that scary mouth pic you sent. I'm glad that her teeth will no longer be a challenge for her.

She's probably already feeling so much better.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom