• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Canine right back leg gave out a few times this weekend

SheriS

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello all,
Fibi is a Havanese, 9 pds, female 14 3/4 yrs young. She gets acupuncture and laser on average once a month and responds well.
Her Beam is-
Behavior- Obsessed w/ food/treats but not interested in playing w/ toys or us much anymore.
Energy- Energy around snuffle tasks and food. Otherwise, she sleeps a lot. We have not been able to walk her much due to cold weater.
Appetite- Excellent! + Treat-centric!
Mood- Did I mention food makes her happy...? Engaged only when food is around or if she's just eaten she like to get massages. She has slowed down quite bit.

Fibi's back right leg gave out as if paralyzed. This happened on two occasions and resolved within about 10 min. We've noticed that touching her lumbar (near sacrum) spine twists to the right and her tail moves...this feels very much like nerve damage (neurological).
She had a negative Lyme multiplex Assay and Anaplazma IFA test a yr or so ago. She has not had the opportunity to be exposed to a tick in quite some time but the vet saw this symptom as cause to repeat these tests again. I asked her to hold off as I'd like comments on whether or not this would seem logical.

Thank you for any insights!
Sheri & David Silver

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Sheri!

What is Fibi currently eating?

How often is she getting outside?

Have we spoken about the happy Dance and Love Therapy on any of our calls ?

SheriS

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,
Update- Fibi had a seizure-like episode last night where her right leg was bent up towards her face and she was convulsing. At least that's how to describe it. It was alarming and lasted for about10 seconds, more or less.
The day before, she had a chiropractor appt.
And a few days ago, she had acupunture and laser therapy.

To answer you question, Fiib is eating the brand Bramble only now, originally from a raw meat diet. She's been on it for about three months. She also gets lots of added nutrients. She takes thyroid meds, and has been for about 7 yrs.
We also give her Trixsyn, Hyaluronan joint support.
Update- Fibi had a seizure-like episode where her right leg was bent up towards her face and she was convulsing. It lasted for about10 seconds more or less.
can you guide me as to the best way to proceed if you were me please?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Fibi's seizure-like episode.
can you guide me as to the best way to proceed if you were me please?
Sure, sharing options and trying to give guidance are our passion here at HA! but I'd first love to know how her BEAM is since the seizure and whether it changed since eating Bramble vs. raw meat.

SheriS

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for your reply!

Her Beam is-
Behavior- Obsessed w/ food/treats but not interested in playing w/ toys or us much anymore.
Energy- Energetic around snuffle tasks and food. Otherwise, she sleeps a lot. (We have not been able to walk her much due to cold weather).
Appetite- Excellent! + Treat-centric!
Mood- Did I mention food makes her happy...? Engaged only when food is around or if she's just eaten. She does like to get massages. She has slowed down quite bit.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Excellent Sheri, thanks for sharing this info.

The more often that Fibi can use a snuffle mat, the better her cellular energy healing and ability to maintain balance will be.

For treat motivated dogs, sunflower seeds make great snuffling treats in addition to the freeze dried chicken/turkey hearts (which are high in healing energy and nutrients).

JillR

Registered
Hey Sheri!

What is Fibi currently eating?

How often is she getting outside?

Have we spoken about the happy Dance and Love Therapy on any of our calls ?

My dog is a 6 year old Great Pyrenees mix. Recently she has been limping on her back leg and her other leg seems stiff. I have her on beef hearts which I just started. She was on raw food for quite a while and she was vomiting so I switched her to homemade food. Most recently I have about half and half, half raw and half homemade food. I haven't noticed any difference yet.
I was told that she had arthritis and I ordered the mussel supplement but it hasn't arrived yet.
I'm looking for healing modalities. I perform reiki on Shiro. I was thinking about laser treatments or purchasing a laser if anyone has recommendations? I give her daily massages but I was considering manipulation if needed. I know she would not sit through acupuncture.
I'm just looking for recommendations in general please. Thank you so much

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Also, any recommendations for purchasing a laser for my dog?
I use a VetroLaser, from Daniel Kamen. Vetrolaser.com. He will train you up and support you; even fixed something I broke, without charge. We have had excellent results with the laser therapy, on big stuff and small.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
...and you'd be surprised at how well, even eagerly, many dogs take to acupuncture needles. Mine just zones out and relaxes. Worth a try, for the great benefits available.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Any recommendation for a snuffle mat?
I have the paw5 and AWoof mats but there are many kinds that will all work (and you can make your own):

Also, any recommendations for purchasing a laser for my dog?

I have no personal brands I favor tho the one Ginny shared sounds good.

The Assisi Loop is the only energy device research proven to help (tho many do):

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Also, a forum search (upper right on this page) on laser turned up these posts where there are other personal experiences:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom