• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cancer & flax Study

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Green Med Info Post!

It was flax's impressive resume that suggested its use in the treatment of certain cancers. Animal studies showed flaxseed inhibits the formation of colon, breast, skin, and lung tumors. It's positive effects on blood insulin highlighted a correlation to reduced risks of pancreatic and colorectal cancers.

A 2007 animal study by Chen et al, showed that a diet of 5% and 10% flaxseed for 8 weeks, inhibited tumor growth by 26% and 38%,
respectively.

Flaxseed alone or in combination with tamoxifen inhibits MCF-7 breast tumor growth in ovariectomized athymic mice with high circulating levels of estrogen - PubMed

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing Lauren!

Have you researched (or have any experience with) the Budwig diet (cottage cheese and flax seeds) for patients with cancer (vs. cancer patients)?

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Christina

Dear HA Members,

Bouncer
7yr old Dog
Mixed Sheepdog
35 Pounds

Behavior is good & same
Energy is good
Appetite is same, good
Mood is happy & playful

Lays in shade outside all day…has access to indoors with Doggie Door.
Sleeps under the Bed.
Very Clingy…maybe more clingy last few months.

Has anyone bought the O3Vets Ozone Machine & used it? What’s the Price? What were your Results?

Has anyone done Dr Margo’s or other Fecal Transplants? What is the Cost? How were your results?

We have a Family Dog that just was diagnosed with Cancer all over! Need answers and solutions asap.

thank you! Any suggestions and sharing is so welcome and appreciated.

So far we’re giving Raw Diet, Golden Paste, Paws Greens, Medicinal Mushrooms, Mercola Vitamins & Probiotics.

How much Medicinal
mushrooms should we give for a 35 pound Dog?

What else can we do?

Last edited:

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
How much Organic Golden Flax do we give to Bouncer?

Dr Jeff, Budwig is an old time remedy for People that I’m aware of, but would like to hear your experience and knowledge about with Dogs.
I hesitate with Dairy unless its Raw Goat Milk or Kefir.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Bouncer has a LARGE Tumor on his back right hindquarter. Feels like a Tennis Ball and Vet said its protruding into his Anus.
XRays wouldn’t show organs and CT was $7000 & not feasible for my Brother in Law.
I’ll post his Labs when I can get them, but they looked pretty good!

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
RE: 281 HEMOLYSIS INDEX N
Index of N, 1+, 2+ exhibits no significant effect on chemistry values.
RE: 282 LIPEMIA INDEX N
Index of N, 1+, 2+ exhibits no significant effect on chemistry values.
SDMA and creatinine are within the reference interval: impairment of GFR is
unlikely. Recommended next step: evaluate complete urinalysis.
Urinalysis normal

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lauren!!

I'm super sorry to hear about Bouncer's tumor, but am also glad to hear that his BEAM is still almost normal.

Keeping his BEAM score at 8 or above, for as long as possible, would be my personal goal for his cancer treatment.

Is his diagnosis affecting his quality of life in any way? How about his stools?
Has anyone bought the O3Vets Ozone Machine & used it? What’s the Price? What were your Results?
@ChristineL has an O3 machine and possibly also @JamieK
Any suggestions and sharing is so welcome and appreciated.
Are they working with a vet homeopath or TCVM practitioner for directed energetic treatment?
How much Medicinal
mushrooms should we give for a 35 pound Dog?
What brand, what are the components and was there a biopsy done of the external tumor?

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@Dr. Jeff
Yes working with Acupuncturist.
Bixby Medicinal Mushrooms Skin & Coat Mountain Rose Herbs Chaga
Host Defense Turkey Tail

Yes Biopsy ofTumor was done. Clumping was not normal.

Do u know more info on fecal transplants and ozone or send me links please? Many Thanks

Last edited:

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Lauren

I'm sorry to hear about you pup.

I did get the hummingbird portable ozone machine from O3Vets. I purchased it because my dog had cancer and there was no one close that does ozone that I could find where I am. It was not enough unfortunately for my dog. There are other methods that veterinarians can do to help fight the cancer better with ozone than just doing the rectal. But I do use it on my dogs once a week.

I purchased a kit which included the ozone machine, the attachment to the oxygen tank, the water bubbler. I drink Ozone water when I feel a cold coming on. The ear cups for ear insufflation and the oil bubbler which I have not used yet. All this was around $1400.00

They are a great company and so willing to talk with you and help in any way they can.

Are you near Dr. Margo? I highly recommend her or call her office to see if she knows someone near you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing your input Jamie!

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi Lauren

I'm sorry to hear about you pup.

I did get the hummingbird portable ozone machine from O3Vets. I purchased it because my dog had cancer and there was no one close that does ozone that I could find where I am. It was not enough unfortunately for my dog. There are other methods that veterinarians can do to help fight the cancer better with ozone than just doing the rectal. But I do use it on my dogs once a week.

I purchased a kit which included the ozone machine, the attachment to the oxygen tank, the water bubbler. I drink Ozone water when I feel a cold coming on. The ear cups for ear insufflation and the oil bubbler which I have not used yet. All this was around $1400.00

They are a great company and so willing to talk with you and help in any way they can.

Are you near Dr. Margo? I highly recommend her or call her office to see if she knows someone near you.
Thank You so much @JamieK. I'm so so sorry you lost your Pup. Ozone is amazing and we have has access in the past before we moved. I so appreciate this information. My Husband has helped Humans with Cancer with IV's and Ozone. Sadly $1400 is not an option for my Brother. I hope that other methods will be helpful. I am NOT near Dr. Margo, but am interested in the cost of the fecal transplants and getting them shipped. Any other helpful knowledge is so appreciated.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina and Forum Members, its with deep sadness that I share the loss of Bouncer on Sunday night. Even though I'm an Animal Communicator and my specialty is helping Animals prepare and cross-over, it broke my Heart. I allowed myself a good cry and took Bach Flower Star of Bethlehem for Grief.

I am so glad Bouncer had such incredible quality of Life until his last breath despite having widespread Cancer throughout his whole body. I'd like to believe that putting Bouncer on a Raw Diet 7 months ago helped him and all the supplements and Golden Paste for the last Month helped him, but idk for sure. I'm also not sure how much pain or discomfort he may have been hiding and am learning more this week on the Pet Pain Summit.

The Vet wanted to Euthanize him on the day of diagnosis and my Brother said, No. We all got one extra month with him. So, its often good to say, No I'll take my Pet home. Its a good question to ask. Even if the Animal needs assistance I feel they would prefer to cross-over in the comfort of their own home with their Tribe.
Thank you all for your support. I know that Bouncer is in the Light which is Pure Bliss(I know, I've been there twice)!!! I'll talk with Bouncer soon.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so sorry for your loss Lauren. And thank you for sharing.

Did you have 2 NDEs?

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I'm so sorry for your loss Lauren. And thank you for sharing.

Did you have 2 NDEs?
Yes I had 2 NDE's! I went to the Light and chose to come back both times, despite the Purest Bliss...WAYYYYY beyond anything even close to the best day ever on Earth!!!

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I think this is why I have been called and chosen to specialize in assisting Animals in their last days on Earth and Going to the Light. Words cannot describe the gratitude and privilege I have for being chosen to do this. Its so sacred to help Animal heal their Soul and prepare to cross-over and then crossing over and going to the Light(usually with my Maine Coon Tiger who crossed over in 2021)! He assists all animals that want to fly with him! He keeps me posted on their journey and how they are settling into their new Home in the Light. I love being the conduit for People to talk with their beloved animals after they have passed. I only wish this would have found me long ago! Really delighted to be having a 3rd Career that is finally so fun and rewarding. Its my Happy Place to help Animals heal and just be supported and heard and understood no matter whats going on with them. I love helping create more Harmonious Relationships between Animals and People!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
WoW!
Its my Happy Place to help Animals heal and just be supported and heard and understood no matter whats going on with them
Me too!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom