• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Broken needle in a kitty's thigh

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Not sure where this problem should be posted, but here is the dilemma. At the vet clinic where I work on Mondays, there is an aggressive street cat (full grown unneutered male, age uncertain) a lady kindly rescued from the jaws of a dog bent on ripping the cat's throat open. The dog pretty much succeeded in doing so. Mr. Street Cat who has been named D'Artagnan by the vet staff has a lot going against him. In addition to the horrific wound on his throat, he is also Feline HIV positive. On Monday, when two vets tried to sedate him for treatment (the only way they could touch him), the needle tip broke off inside D'Artagnan's hip. He now has a needle tip somewhere in his thigh muscle. Is there a Homeopathic remedy (one of the Schussler salts comes to mind) that can be used, or is surgery the only option? I am going to the clinic today to drop off some clean towels and to check on D'Artagnan's progress.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I would think silicea 200c or 1M, one dose. @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Sara ?
And rescue remedy in water bowl or on towels.

If they just go for surgery, try some aconite to see if it calms him at all.
Dr. Christina

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Christina. I am concerned about the sharp point of the needle doing some damage to his tissue while the needle tip remains inside D'Artagnan's thigh. What are the chances of the needle tip migrating elsewhere in his body?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I agree with Dr. Christina:thumbsup:

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
That poor Cat! Prayers and Healing coming his way.

My Cat Tiger had Heart Failire that 3 Vets missed despite my insisting there is something wrong with his Heart! Tiger recruited a Dog named Karma(cannot make that up!) to attack him so he could Pass! I had to ultimately find out that night in fact he had Heart Failure with Lungs filling up with Fluid!! I asked Tiger what he wanted and he said, “Let Me Go”! So we saw him, sedated him in my arms and Euthanized him. So hard. I was devastated.

So I tell this story because Often Animals choose to go and they can recruit other Animals to help! I had a client that her Dog ran in fromt of a Car because the Dog knew it could help her with Cancer better from Above!

So, maybe this Cat was trying to crossover? What does his Soul want? What’s HIS Soul Journey?

I agree about the Silicea. Please let is know what happens with D’Argtanag

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for your great suggestions. I was thinking Silicia would be the remedy to give.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Well, I went to the clinic to give D'Artagnan his remedy and he had been discharged! The kindly lady who paid for all his treatment and hospitalization adopted him and he has gone to live with her. His time on the mean streets is over. I asked Dr. Brenda if the lady knew D'Artagnan has a needle tip in his thigh and she said no, the lady does not know and Dr. Brenda did not tell her. I kind of question, whether this is ethical or not. Dr. Brenda felt that the kind lady who adopted D'Artagnan had enough on her plate with looking after him and his Feline HIV condition.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom