• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Best Food For 6 Month Old Puppy

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Hello. We adopted a rescue pup 2 days ago and the rescue gave me food which they told me was Purina One puppy food, but when I discovered it looked different than what they told me to buy, I realized they gave me Purina One Rice & Chicken for adult dogs. I started switching her over by combining the puppy food with the adult food, but I don’t know if this is the right thing to do. I want to start her on a better quality food but I don’t know when to do this. (I don’t know how long she’s been fed this adult food or if they just gave me the wrong food 2 days ago). She is showing some allergy symptoms and I hope it’s just the food and I can reverse it quickly. Any advice on how to switch her over and what to switch her to would be much appreciated. She is 7 pounds and most likely Chihuahua and some type of terrier (Cairn and/or Jack Russell). @Dr. Jeff

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Danielle!

Congratulations on your new family member!
Any advice on how to switch her over and what to switch her to would be much appreciated.
Over the course of 1-2 weeks (or less if she does well) you might want to start introducing 1/4-1/2 slider of the Small Batch raw food.

The HA! 101 course might be helpful if you haven't already taken it.

DanielleM

Community Member
Registered
Thanks so much! I think I viewed the course a few years ago, but I will check it out.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom