• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Being Happier, Having a Better Quality of Life and Living Longer for Pets and People

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone-

This is a post I've been meaning to make for awhile.

It is among the best ways, that I've found, to improve the quality of life for pets with cancer and for any pet or person. It's the essence of the Circular Health and One Health-One Medicine movement that we teach here at HA!

In short, it's concrete, and proven, strategies for improving rest, relax and restore, and moving away from fight, flight and freeze.

I'm referring to the stimulation of the parasympathetic nervous system that pets and people can do through breathing, connecting with others, engaging with the environment, and being happy.

This article is designed for people to stimulate their vagus nerve and parasympathetic reflex but notice that their #10 strategy is to hold a purring cat on your chest. I would posit that purring is also a great way to stimulate the restore reflex in cats.

For us, if we don't have a purring cat by our side all the time, just humming (as in the MMM of "A-U-M" or OM) will do the trick:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great idea to hum or Om when you are away from your pets!

Laughter is also a great way to be happy. Yoga laughter!

The happier you are, the happier is every living being around you!!

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! And learning to play, laugh and act more like a child is really helping me.

The daily (10pm ET) free Laughter Yoga classes are awe-some!!

Here is the link:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Password 12345

These are shared and hosted by the founder of Laughter Yoga Dr. Madan Kataria:

He also has 8:30am ET Laughter Club on Mon, Wed, Fri, and there are lots of local laughter clubs:

Laura Pennington shares a compelling story about the physical and emotional healing power of laughter on her website:

Laughter and happiness are great ways to help the body relax and restore (and stimulate vagal tone)!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom