• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Behavior issues in senior dog

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Hello, my apologies but I can not recall the animal behavior therapist's name that works with us on behavior issues...Our 15 yr old Havanese is acting in the same ways we've described in the past where she wakes us for food in the middle of the night and early morning. This behavior is now three times per night/early morning. She also likes to be let out to sniff around. It's like she's not aware of the time of day. We were told here that this is a characteristic of senility/ sun-downing. We're seeking tools to help keep her sleeping through the night since we are sleep deprived and this is affecting our own health.
We've tried the following:
Automatic self feeder (she just scratches at it obsessively.
Many different herbal supplements and tinctures
Homeopathy (per Dr. Herman)

Thanks,
Sheri & David

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Sheri!

Maybe you're thinking of trainer/behaviorist @jenb

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, what is Jen B's full name? How can I contact her directly?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Jen Bridwell Oppenheim:

All of her contact info should be here and you can reach her by phone, text or email:

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
I'm looking at the link but there's nothing about dogs...is this right?

ChrisO

Registered
Hello, my apologies but I can not recall the animal behavior therapist's name that works with us on behavior issues...Our 15 yr old Havanese is acting in the same ways we've described in the past where she wakes us for food in the middle of the night and early morning. This behavior is now three times per night/early morning. She also likes to be let out to sniff around. It's like she's not aware of the time of day. We were told here that this is a characteristic of senility/ sun-downing. We're seeking tools to help keep her sleeping through the night since we are sleep deprived and this is affecting our own health.
We've tried the following:
Automatic self feeder (she just scratches at it obsessively.
Many different herbal supplements and tinctures
Homeopathy (per Dr. Herman)

Thanks,
Sheri & David
Hi Sheri & David, just sending thoughts your way, we also are seeing early signs of dementia in our older Pom Mix. He is almost 19, great physical health but sad to see the decline. Hope you guys can find some support. If I find any info that may be helpful, I'll forward on as well.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Sheri & David, just sending thoughts your way, we also are seeing early signs of dementia in our older Pom Mix. He is almost 19, great physical health but sad to see the decline. Hope you guys can find some support. If I find any info that may be helpful, I'll forward on as well.
Thanks for your support. i didn't catch your name...?
I hope your little one is well. We use Choline daily and lots of other supplements to support Fibi, as well as lots of love and snuffling. We heard Senilife is recommended, but we haven't gotten that yet.
Sheri

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff,
Is there another behavioral therapist available? Jen has not responded. Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Perhaps @Irith will see your query, or you can contact her through:

Or try a virtual call with Sarah:

IMHO, the behavior has energetic origins that are best addressed at that level. Unfortunately, this is easier said than done and requires lots of patience and perseverance.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
And the other approach is to also add in homeopathic care, or TCVM, or herbal. Check out the find a vet article and patiently look for different healers to try. This is possible to resolve.
Dr. Christina

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina...We do homeopathy with Dr. Herman and also have healing sessions with a healer.

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Dr. Herman is wonderful & energy healers key. Do a search for evaluation of response (we have written a lot about this) to understand the progression of disease so you can best report to Dr. Herman.
Also good to read for understanding of the process are Hamilton's homeopathic care of cats and dogs and Jensen's practical handbook of veterinary homeopathy.
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom