• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Back legs - tremors

ZannahM

Registered
My dog Django’s back legs have tremors as of a year or so ago. I have a number of ideas of why this happened (vaccinosis, neurotoxins in past use of monthly meds, vitamin deficiencies of the past, Roundup sprayed nearby) but I’m more interested in remedies anyone may have to offer. We do quarterly detox via Adored Beast, get our daily omega 3, do physical rehab/PEMF/laser/acupuncture for lower back pain and elbow arthritis and I’m going to start doing more consistent biofield/energy work on him since I’m certified in Reiki and training in some other modalities like scalar wave. But does anyone have a specific recipe, remedy or vitamin/mineral test suggestion RE: back leg tremors that I believe are nervous system-related rather than musculoskeletal? Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Zannah!

Yes, an association between his nervous system and leg tremors is super likely. It may be partially from some arthritic discomfort and resultant nerve stimulation but IMHO the tremors are fundamentally energetic.

My Rx is pranayama.

Perhaps, before changing anything else, try a 2 week trial of increasing his cellular energy through two (or more) daily Therapeutic Sniff Walks and/or snuffle mat use.

Read this article if you'd like to learn more (too much?) about this approach:

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I had a Maltese with back leg tremor issues...looking back, snuffle sessions truly helped him with that....I checked my notes, his back leg tremor rarely occurred after we started the snuffle session routine. :)

ZannahM

Registered
I had a Maltese with back leg tremor issues...looking back, snuffle sessions truly helped him with that....I checked my notes, his back leg tremor rarely occurred after we started the snuffle session routine. :)
Interesting! My dog gets his licki-mat filled with some kefir, for instance, but his back legs still shake.

ZannahM

Registered
Hey Zannah!

Yes, an association between his nervous system and leg tremors is super likely. It may be partially from some arthritic discomfort and resultant nerve stimulation but IMHO the tremors are fundamentally energetic.

My Rx is pranayama.

Perhaps, before changing anything else, try a 2 week trial of increasing his cellular energy through two (or more) daily Therapeutic Sniff Walks and/or snuffle mat use.

Read this article if you'd like to learn more (too much?) about this approach:

Thanks. Yes, like I mentioned on our weekly Zoom, this and other signs are pointing to me needing to do more energy work on him. And I do believe the tremors have improved this week! And yes, we always do 1 90-120 minute sniff walk daily. People on the street ask me "Who's walking who?" We're walking together. He also gets another 2 sniffs walks in a day and he gets his Licki-mat a few times a week plus tug with dad and daily physical rehab exercises, which also stimulate his mind and solidify our bonding, so it's now about more biofield work. Thanks for the article!

LilF

Community Member
Registered

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Hmmmm, my 15 year old JJ has had the leg tremors for a while now and I always hoped it was not from pain. I will try the snuffle mat also. This week he will be starting homeopathy for a variety of his issues so will see if he improves his energy balance. BTW @Dr. Jeff I have to share this funny experience with you and all...... On a HA call once you asked me what JJ likes to do. I said his favorite thing is to be in the back seat of the car for hours every day. I also said overall he does like petting and attention so you suggested to sit in the back seat of the car with him... WELL--- I did that a few times (since you mentioned it this past summer) when parked in my yard, But I drove to the park as I always do and last week I decided to sit in the back seat with him. Lo an Behold, the police roll up, knock on my window as I sat in the back seat with him, driverless front seat, one officer on each side of the car, and they asked if I "was ok.".... So I guess it looked "suspicious" for whatever reason. Not sure they understood when I explained why I was sitting in the back seat with my dog. But thought you would get a chuckle out of it. What we won't do for the happiness of our dogs!! BTW, he DOES love when I sit back there with him... Great suggestion.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing that amusing story Lil. ?

I’m glad that JJ enjoyed the extra time with you in the car. I hope it made you both a bit happier. ?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom