• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Assisi Loop

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for the useful info, Tammi!

The only reason to not to get a big Loop is that it's a bit harder to handle.

Also, a client told me the other day that if you recycle your spent Loop through Assisi, you can get a new one at a big discount. She also said that the per treatment cost of a pad is way less than it is for a Loop

Please let us know how the kitties do with it.

Stay safe and have fun in the snow tonight (we already have 6 in.+ here in CT) and tomorrow.

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
So then the questions lies with how would I or anyone know how many treatments to do a day and how often and for how long in order to compare options? Is there a specific treatment regimen? I saw on their site they said to start with 3-4 15 minute treatments a day for Acute and Chronic or degenerative conditions.

If that's the case, someone would only have roughly 37 days worth of treatments at 4 treatments a day for the $300.00 Loop versus 6,000 treatments for the pads. So, unless treatments are only for a short period of time the pad, would be the better option in the long run.

Is the pad/Loop treatment a case by case or is there a norm and then a variation from there?

Hope this information helps others with decision making! :0) Happy SNOW!!! ❄️❄️❄️☃️☃️☃️

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Oh and P.S. you need a vet's prescription to purchase. :0)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Use the Loop 4x a day based on symptoms and especially BEAM. For example, if you find energy to be higher and itching less with 4x a day, then decrease to 3x a day. If the symptoms worsen, then increase back to 4x a day.

Yes, the pad is much for affordable on a per treatment basis. But it has a higher up front cost.

Regarding the prescription, just tell them you're working with me and HA!

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Great! Thank you! Does that get me a discount too!?!? ? ? ? ? ❄️ ☃️

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Here's a little information I learned today regarding the Assisi Lounge from an Assisi Team Member.

1. Treatments needs to be spaced a minimum of 2 hours apart. There is no detriment to doing them closer but you may DECREASE the efficacy of the Assisi treatments by doing so.

2. Treatments should also be spaced 2 hours apart from other types of treatments. One example which you may not think of as a "treatment" is a comforting heating pad you cat enjoys daily. This is also considered a form of treatment and can again DECREASE the efficacy of the Assisi treatment.

3. You can put the lounge UNDER or lay it OVER the animal (obviously with the correct side facing the animal). . . OR even lean it next to them on it's side. There is a 10 inch "treatment zone" above and below the lounge.

4. Assisi specifically says to make sure you don't BEND or manipulate the pad in an awkward way. The 2 edge pieces are bendable in the smaller lounges but the larger mats are 1 single piece. Assisi suggests not to bend any of them in an extreme way. A slight bend is o.k.

I hope that helps! Have an awesome week filled with VITALITY!

Blessings,
Tammi
:0)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this great info. Tammi. ?

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
Some more great NEED TO KNOW Assisi Lounge information!

This is in reference to METALS NEAR THE LOUNGE DURING TREATMENT SESSIONS:

ASSISI RESPONSE: (They are very knowledgeable and friendly)

Thank you for your email! The signal from the Loop Lounge emits 10 inches up from the pad itself. Large metal objects (tables, chairs, electronics, etc.) should be kept about 12 inches away from the Lounge while it is running. Small objects like jewelry or the bra wire will have no effect on the signal.

The concern with the larger items is that they can distort the signal of the device, therefore not delivering a full effective treatment.

The only measure of precaution to take is if an individual has any sort of implanted electrical lead, as in a pacemaker. The signals can cross and potentially effect each others effectiveness. In such a case, it is advised that this person not be immediately next to the device during treatment.

STAY VITAL!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this valuable info. Tammi!

How's Chewey liking his lounge?

TammiL

VIP Member
Registered
At first I was placing a towel over it and he would sit on it. Now that he sees the wires sticking out he won't sit on even his favorite blanket on top of it. They are both boycotting it if they see the wires.

Yet, Chewey had a change of heart this morning. He came to sleep with me in the covers in my arms today! Yay! Then, of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone so I thought "Oh, if I could give him a session while he is laying with me that would be great!" So, I tried and of course, the machine piece slid down the wall and he ran. BOOOOOO!!! Lesson learned. He would have had a session just laying in my arms with me. Just not an assisi session. A couple hours later he came on my lap to sleep while I was sitting up. I didn't touch the Assisi lounge pad this time.

Now, he laid on the pad on the bed all by himself! Weird! So, I quickly threw on the button and gave him a session. He's been getting about 3 a day minus the last 2 days just 1 or 2 because he runs when its near. :0(

Maybe we hit a turning point this morning! Fingers crossed!!!

Thank you for asking!

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Here's a little information I learned today regarding the Assisi Lounge from an Assisi Team Member.

1. Treatments needs to be spaced a minimum of 2 hours apart. There is no detriment to doing them closer but you may DECREASE the efficacy of the Assisi treatments by doing so.

2. Treatments should also be spaced 2 hours apart from other types of treatments. One example which you may not think of as a "treatment" is a comforting heating pad you cat enjoys daily. This is also considered a form of treatment and can again DECREASE the efficacy of the Assisi treatment.

3. You can put the lounge UNDER or lay it OVER the animal (obviously with the correct side facing the animal). . . OR even lean it next to them on it's side. There is a 10 inch "treatment zone" above and below the lounge.

4. Assisi specifically says to make sure you don't BEND or manipulate the pad in an awkward way. The 2 edge pieces are bendable in the smaller lounges but the larger mats are 1 single piece. Assisi suggests not to bend any of them in an extreme way. A slight bend is o.k.

I hope that helps! Have an awesome week filled with VITALITY!

Blessings,
Tammi
Hi Tammi - Thank you so much for posting such useful info. I was wondering if essential oils would be considered a "type of treatment" in this case? @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Christine, and welcome back to HA! It's wonderful to see you here.

Essential oils would not be a problem to use along with the Assisi.

RuthR

VIP Member
Registered
My 13 3/4 year old male Maine Coon cat has arthritis, and I am thinking about purchasing an Assisi Loop to see if it will help him. I am hoping those of you who have used one for your pets (especially cats) or have heard stories from other people will respond and let me know how effective you think it is. Has anyone used the Assisi Loop to help with arthritis? Do you use the Loop every day? How long does a treatment help the pet (hours, days, etc.)? Does the cat allow the Assisi Loop to be on them?

Also, has anyone used a LumaSoothe for arthritis or itching? How well did it work for your cat or dog?

I would appreciate any advice you can give. Thank you!

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
For my kitties I had started off with the smaller size loop, thinking smaller animal, smaller size. But a holistic vet I saw recently upon discussing the Assissi loop, she mentioned ordering the larger size to get more bang for my buck (same price) and covered a larger surface area. So I bought the larger size. :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom