• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Assisi loop and kidney disease in cats

JaneS

VIP Member
Registered
I became interested in the assissi loop and called the company. I believe I also spoke to Dr. Jeff about it. The company said that with polycystic kidney disease this would not help but it might slow the progression of kidney disease itself. So I was interested in that but when I spoke to my own vet she said the company is just selling their product. The loop works well for physical therapy etc. but not for kidney disease. She said there has been no factual evidence that shows it would slow progression of kidney disease
As it would relieve inflammation and kidney disease is an inflammation of the kidneys.I told her I read some testimonies and she said that the company post those themselves. Do you feel there would be any benefit to the assissi loop for my cat?. I can’t afford the pad which is $1600 but I thought I might try the loop. If you feel the way she feels please let me know besides I would need a prescription to buy it and my insurance said they would pay it if I went ahead with it.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Jane. I think an Assisi Loop could be extremely beneficial for your kitty's quality of life and kidney dis-ease.

No, it is not research-proven for most of the conditions which it potentially can help. However, I have seen it help many, many pets with many different health challenges.

Regardless, like promoting purring (kitty ujjayi pranayama), playing the hunt for treats game, etc. it can not hurt.

My clinical observations have been that the Loop, like many methods which promote internal balance (homeostasis), helps many problems in pets because it improves the underlying cause.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom