• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ask a Vet April 7th commentary on ear issues causing deafness

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I found the Q and A friday webinar very interesting and enjoy the content. Ear issues were discussed and he question came up as to different treatments and whether the medication may cause deafness. My Gabby, Shar-Pei (think Dorito ears) had some ear problems and at the time I did not know much about alternative treatments. She did have a few treatments with a conventional ear product and she did go mostly deaf. Whether that caused her to go deaf I cannot prove but when I asked my conventional vet, he did wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing else to use and it one of the side effects is deafness. I have since read articles/studies if you will on this. After she went mostly deaf, (she could hear clapping....,) I found out that Zymox could have been used. After Gabby's ear issues were cleared up with the medicine, I did maintain her ear health with Animal Essentials Ear Rinse. Also have read of other things like apple cider vinegar for them. So I wanted to pass my experience along to the person discussing ears. After she went deaf a holistic vet told me to give her Chamomile orallyt which I did but it did nothing . So even for myself I would try and avoid the standard ear preparations out there.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I found the Q and A friday webinar very interesting and enjoy the content.
Thanks Lil. We tried to make the point that ear symptoms, like all other symptoms, can be embraced like the good and helpful friends they are.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom