• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Arnica

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

We discovered one of the stray cats that we take care of has a small wound on his foot. I attached a screenshot of a video. It seems fresh enough to give Arnica. is this a good idea? How many pellets should I give him? Just one time a day? Thank you so much!

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff

View recent photos.jpeg

HA! Support

Administrator
VIP Member
Registered
Hi Anna.
Thank you for caring for your local strays!
While we wait for a response from a vet, here's a link to a "wound" search of the Forum that you may find helpful: Search results for query: wound
When searching the Forum, I find it easiest to use one-word searches. As the above was for "wound," I searched "Arnica" as well Search results for query: arnica
Thanks!
----Kim

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Arnica is more for bruising, blunt trauma, though soem of that probably happened here.

His are puncture wounds, which (and even caught in door feet and fingers) often respond well to Hypericum. And soaking the paw, if allowed, in hypericum solution could help as well.

Dosing of homeopathic medicines :
Since you are blessing the world by helping strays, these articles on homeopathy may help you with other cats as well:

Using Homeopathic Treatments at Home​

However, there are still many minor problems that crop up that can be treated at home, such as injuries, or acute flare-ups of chronic problems that just need symptomatic management until your veterinarian can be contacted. Generally, you will use low potencies (up to 30C), and give one dose every 6-8 hours for up to three treatments (unless specifically stated otherwise). If you are not seeing results after the third dose, that remedy is probably not going to work, and you should seek veterinary care, either holistic or conventional.

Giving the remedy itself is easy. While many practitioners caution about handling the remedies, they are really not that fragile. (However, they should be stored out of direct sunlight and away from strong odors–such as spices or perfumes–and electromagnetic fields, such as a microwave or refrigerator motor). You can give them directly by mouth, mix with a little food, or mix with a little water, then give a dropperful of the water (which has been imbued with the energy of the substance).
The quantity does not matter - 1-3 pellets is good.

Click on homeopathy in the resource library and learn more and more about this great approach for your strays.
Especially good may be: 7/25/2022; starting Jan 2020 - every month we did a homeopathy class - 10/26 covered how to dose remedies, summary was on 12/28;
Go to the bottom, if you really want to learn homeopathy, and take the classes we live streamed - introduction and intermediate homeopathy.

Finally, handy to have on hand, practical and very informative is Don Hamilton's Homeopathic Care of Cats and Dogs. Good book to more understand homeopathy - Wendy Jensen's Practical Guide to Veterinary Homeopathy. And Edward DeBeukelaer's Homeopathy what to expect has 101 cured cases to inspire you.

Dr. christina

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for this! I am going to buy some hypericum now. I may give him one pellet to start. I’m very interested in homeopathic medicine and would like to study and learn more.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom