• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Anyone Know About Puppy Shakes?

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi - My 11yo Portuguese Podengo Pequeno, Sophie, has had what I've heard called puppy shakes since, well, she was a puppy. :) I was told by the vet back then that they grow out of them. Sophie never did. Her back leg will shake when she's lying on her side with it lifted a bit in the air. Has anyone else, especially the vets here, heard of puppy shakes, do you think it can be repertorized, should they go away and what if they don't? @Dr. Sara? Thanks! Tried to get a video to show you and it's not shaking now, of course! LOL

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The closest I've heard to "puppy shakes" in any dog is small white dog tremor (shaking) dis-ease.

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
The closest I've heard to "puppy shakes" in any dog is small white dog tremor (shaking) dis-ease.

Hmm, not that. What I did notice is since the last course of Sepia, which was probably 6 or so weeks ago, those shakes have decreased and overall, Sophie seems happier, her itching bouts are less, so those are all good. She's in a back feet licking phase for the last 2-3 days, so I'm spraying German Chamomile tea on them and putting some Calendula cream on any redness. Seems to be helping. Thanks, @Dr. Jeff.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I've seen this occasionally, in quite a few dogs. It always is transient; I haven't seen it persist to anything like a symptom. I see other twitches, usually in sleep, of forelimbs, ears, neck muscles, etc. Some remedies have various twitches, so there could be a relationship to some conditions....

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I've seen this occasionally, in quite a few dogs. It always is transient; I haven't seen it persist to anything like a symptom. I see other twitches, usually in sleep, of forelimbs, ears, neck muscles, etc. Some remedies have various twitches, so there could be a relationship to some conditions....
Thanks, @GinnyW. Appreciate your insights. :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom