• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Any suggestions for a Holistic vet in New York City?

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
I have a client from New York City(with a 2nd home in CT) that has a 12 week old puppy. The long story short is all too common...vaccine reaction to DHPP(2nd in the series). Pup is 4.9 lbs. On ride home puppy was staggering and vomiting. Got home lethargic, wouldn't eat and was better but very sore the next day. First time dog owners and just so happened to mention this at a training session. I recommended that she should report that reaction to her vet as that was not normal. She did and got the expected response ... we will just use Benadryl and baby aspirin when she comes back in 2 weeks. Owner was not happy with that answer and was willing to titer but needs to be back in the city before two months(when her vet was willing to titer) and the vet can't guarantee that dog is protected. I get it... so I recommended finding a veterinarian in the city as she should have one anyway and have a conversation with the city vet. These folks use homeopathy for themselves. They did give Arnica and are very holistically minded. I also gave her the HA! website info.. If anyone has any suggestions for a veterinarian. I did find in a quick search a Dr Jill Elliot who looked promising. But any other recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, Jackie

JodyLT

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I have a client from New York City(with a 2nd home in CT) that has a 12 week old puppy. The long story short is all too common...vaccine reaction to DHPP(2nd in the series). Pup is 4.9 lbs. On ride home puppy was staggering and vomiting. Got home lethargic, wouldn't eat and was better but very sore the next day. First time dog owners and just so happened to mention this at a training session. I recommended that she should report that reaction to her vet as that was not normal. She did and got the expected response ... we will just use Benadryl and baby aspirin when she comes back in 2 weeks. Owner was not happy with that answer and was willing to titer but needs to be back in the city before two months(when her vet was willing to titer) and the vet can't guarantee that dog is protected. I get it... so I recommended finding a veterinarian in the city as she should have one anyway and have a conversation with the city vet. These folks use homeopathy for themselves. They did give Arnica and are very holistically minded. I also gave her the HA! website info.. If anyone has any suggestions for a veterinarian. I did find in a quick search a Dr Jill Elliot who looked promising. But any other recommendations would be great. Thanks in advance for any thoughts, Jackie
The only ones I know are Smithridge Veterinary but not in NYC, in South Salem, about an hour from NYC. It's Marty Goldstein's old practice. Marty was my vet for years when I lived in Katonah and I dealt with Smithridge for my Chi Chi boy about a year ago. I'll ask around to some of my friends in NYC and if I come up with anyone, will let you know. Poor pup.

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for your reply and suggestion! I will pass the Smithridge Veterinary info. along to them.

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm a CT resident and have been a grateful client of Dr. Dongho Seo at Smith Ridge for 13 years. I have also had occasion to use a holistic vet who practices in CT and New York City, Dr. Marcie Fallek with great results. Your clients might want to check out this link to holistic vets in their vicinity. The listing is provided by the American Holistic Vetinary Medicine Association; VetFinder – Find a Holistic Veterinarian – American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association

LilF

Community Member
Registered
The only ones I know are Smithridge Veterinary but not in NYC, in South Salem, about an hour from NYC. It's Marty Goldstein's old practice. Marty was my vet for years when I lived in Katonah and I dealt with Smithridge for my Chi Chi boy about a year ago. I'll ask around to some of my friends in NYC and if I come up with anyone, will let you know. Poor pup.
Ok, yes kudos to Smith Ridge, Dr. Marty Goldstein.... Did you see the documentary. The Dog Doc? If not it is a must see but bring tissues. His first book, The Nature of Animal Healing is my first go to for issues. I worked with Dr. Marty Goldstein since 2005. HE is THE REASON my dogs are 14. Vets tell me my dogs have done well under my care which was just following what Dr. Goldstein set up for them and all he taught me. My dogs had two life threatening situations and Dr. Marty helped me get them through. One was a functional thyroid tumor and another was a spleen tumor and rotten tooth. He taught me not so much what you GIVE the dogs, it is what you can AVOID. I miss him dearly now he is retired...He taught me so much and how to think about problems---the old "Don't give a man a fish, Teach him to fish". He is my most favorite person of all time. My neighbor worked with Dr. Seo on her dog with hemangiosarcoma and the dog lived longer than normal without any other intervention. The owners were very grateful to me for suggesting Smith Ridge. I knew nothing back in 2005 when I received my first dog from friends who had a dog they thought was dying. I took the dog and she lived another 3.5 years. Dr. Marty told me to take her OFF everything and she recovered with supplementation. Sorry to get off track... so if Smith Ridge is carrying on the tradition....go for it... BTW, Dr. Karen Becker did a Gamechanger interview with the vet who purchased Smith Ridge. Dr. Jenna. You could probably search that on the Mercola site.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, this is awe-some, thanks for posting.

I love the quote! That's exactly what HMDM is about:HMDM and symptoms.png

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom