• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Allergies- pup biting paw and shaking head.

FrancesC

Registered
My 10 year old Maltese began biting her front right paw just a little while ago. It's beginning to look a little red. Although in the picture below, the redness has subsided as we bathed her paws. IMG_1681.jpeg We live in an area where the grass commonly get sprayed for bugs etc. I know she has allergies and we have changed her diet and for a short while both Maltese dogs were enjoying the NoBL food, but now are not too much of a fan. They shake their heads/ ears when their allergies kick up. Their ears looks fine. I have been adding Hawaii Pharm Anti Allergy drops in their food, apart from the past couple of days...only as the dogs can detect when it is in their food, and wont always eat their food. I have two fussy dogs. . Any suggestions what we can do ? Thank you.
Bernadette 10 year old female- spayed. Past health issues: Hemolytic Anemia, allergies, torn back left ACL ( still healing.) No vaccinations since hemolytic Anemia 2018
Harpo:4 year old male- neutered, Liver shunt, allergies. No vaccinations except Rabies shot.

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Frances, the goal, as always, is to go for balance and vitality.
How is she doing overall? Her BEAM? If that is good, maybe it was just a topical irritant from the walks. Check out the skin in the resource section for lots of suggestions. since the bathing helped, you might repeat it or try a little topical oatmeal water, or Rescue remedy on the area.

Maybe review the 101 lessons. Lesson 1 will remind you that all symptoms are clues to an internal imbalance and that skin symptoms are a good sign - much better than liver or cancer, etc.

Lesson 2 would be a good review of food. always best to feed a variety of foods, which helps decrease pickiness, is insurance against a company changing the ingredients or going out of business and if you seek homeopathic help (which would be the best way to permanently resolve the symptoms that keep recurring (ears, skin, etc) knowing what different individual real foods they hate or love (cheese, eggs, asparagus, bagels, etc) can help with the remedy choice.

Do you have a holistic vet yet? Dr. Sue Howell, one of our faculty, does remote nutritional and allergy resolution. Or select a phone consulting homeopath. Check out the "select" article for more on finding one.

Dr. Christina

FrancesC

Registered
Frances, the goal, as always, is to go for balance and vitality.
How is she doing overall? Her BEAM? If that is good, maybe it was just a topical irritant from the walks. Check out the skin in the resource section for lots of suggestions. since the bathing helped, you might repeat it or try a little topical oatmeal water, or Rescue remedy on the area.

Maybe review the 101 lessons. Lesson 1 will remind you that all symptoms are clues to an internal imbalance and that skin symptoms are a good sign - much better than liver or cancer, etc.

Lesson 2 would be a good review of food. always best to feed a variety of foods, which helps decrease pickiness, is insurance against a company changing the ingredients or going out of business and if you seek homeopathic help (which would be the best way to permanently resolve the symptoms that keep recurring (ears, skin, etc) knowing what different individual real foods they hate or love (cheese, eggs, asparagus, bagels, etc) can help with the remedy choice.

Do you have a holistic vet yet? Dr. Sue Howell, one of our faculty, does remote nutritional and allergy resolution. Or select a phone consulting homeopath. Check out the "select" article for more on finding one.

Dr. Christina
Thank you Dr Christina. I appreciate all the wonderful information which I shall look into. Bernadette’s Beam is good. In fact both digs are. Bernadette unfortunately, cannot go for walks as she is still healing from the torn ACL, but I assume the irritation comes from when she goes outside on the grass to pee. New environment here in Florida, tho the buy idiot has helped with other issues.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom