• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

ALLERGIES - Itching, biting, licking paws, legs, chest, feet, privates and constipation (from ingesting too much hair probably)

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello,
I am not too sure how this works but I am going to give it a whirl and hope for the best and learn as I go! So, thank you all for being patient with me.
O.k I have 2 cats with allergies to "something" I haven't figured it out yet. :0(
Chewey-Long Haired American 12 years old
Tigger-Short Haired Domestic 6 or 7 years old

I have attached blood work for both, the most recent.
I have attached fecal tests for both, the most recent.
I have attached Vet's diagnostic notes for both, the most recent.
I have attached my notes TO THE VET upon visit and the red on the notes is information of how things are or are not different now.

They both eat raw rabbit since Oct. 24th.
Well, tonight Tigger seems to be walking over to the rabbit and tries to eat it and ends up doing this weird thing with her tongue and spitting it out. She tries again and then spits it out and ended up walking away. So, since we are close to the 6 week and I don't think she has an allergy to the rabbit food, I stopped and gave her Steve's raw Chicken nuggets to see if she would eat them and do that weird mouth thing. She ended up sniffing the first plate that at dinner time had Imuquin on it and then she walked away. So, I let it be and about an hour later I played with her first and then gave her some chicken without the Imuquin on it and she ate a little and then did that weird tongue thing where it looks like she is spitting it back up and out her mouth. I warmed it a little and she ate a little and then did the spit thing. I let her sit for about 10 minutes and brought it to her in the bedroom and she ate a little but then did the spit thing and just stopped eating. She came out about a half hour later and wanted to eat with Chewey and she did. I have a video of how she spits the food out but I can't seem to find a way to save it to attach it for some reason. Maybe my phone will allow me.

Both her and Chewey seem to not feel well after eating now. Chewey will go sit on the chair and if I sit with him like 10 minutes later for the past 2 days he turns around gives me his butt and faces the back of the chair. :0(

I think they are both having difficulty having bowel movements. I gave Chewey senna, the vet said to give him 1/4 pill a day until he has a movement. He did 2 days later and I stopped it but I don't think he got enough out. I am guessing he and tigger are ingesting a lot of hair from licking themselves that they are a bit constipated as their poop output is not the 1 time a day output and like 6 nuggets. Chewey has 1 and Tigger hasn't pooped yet today but she did yesterday. Tigger has also gone to eat and left her plate instead and went to eat her grass plant I bought for her as if her tummy hurts. She eats it before she eats breakfast too. :0(

So, my issues are:

- They seem to have a little trouble with constipation and maybe upset tummy after eating right now.

- They are BOTH itchy! Itchy! Itchy! They are biting and licking and scratching their feet, belly, neck, chest, back, legs, tail and privates. Basically all over. It is exhausting them because they are constantly licking their fur all over. Tigger is energetic in between and will run and chase the toys but Chewey is doing close to nothing and I can't seem to get him interested in anything. His favorite toy is a stick and he just stares at it and doesn't pounce on it. The last time he pounced on it was 2 or 3 days ago.

- Tigger's ears mostly L is itchy and she shakes her head. Chewey is not shaking his head.

- Tigger is also sneezing more in the last week. Chewey is not.

- Chewey ate dinner then kinda left and came back for more and left and sat on chair and didn't want me to interact with him and now he just came back for MORE! He must be in an excessive hunger stage.

How can I help them stop itching and help regulate their system?

Chewey was diagnosed with IBS in September by the vet. :0( I have Ulcerative Colitis, I hope I didn't share it with him!!! :0(

How can I help build their immune system???

Oh, BTW.....I lived in 1 place and moved mid July. They both started showing signs of issues then and it has just continued to get worse in my new place.

I have changed EVERYTHING! New laundry soap, BIOKLEEN unscented for all of us. I washed everything they could come in contact with. I changed my lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, dish soap, I stopped using essential oils on my face and I stopped all of my own supplements in case they were bothering them.

I have been sleeping on an air mattress since October 2019. I just realized last night (aha moment) after doing a little research on it that it is made of Poly Vinyl Choline....PVC!!! I don't know if that could have wore their immune system down but I have packed it up and put it in the attic and will sleep on the floor until I get a new bed in case that is the issue!

I recently, last Thursday changed their cat litter from the purple Scoop Away bag to Dr. Elsey's Ultra. No dust! Their other one used to be very little dust but I also noticed over the past 8 or 9 months that it is very dusty and you can smell the dust all over the house when they use the litter box.

I have an air purifier on in the house Winix.

I give them both bottled water because my water leaves a white residue on shower head.

Chewey is just constantly miserable and it makes me extremely sad for him. Tigger is getting itchier and itchier and sneezing more but she still has enjoyment to play and chase things.

Here's the weird thing, I started itching in March the very beginning and I have gone through the same stages as them. I was excessively hungry, extreme fatigue, extremely dry skin-my hands look like that of an 80 year old and I am only in my 40's. I have never had dandruff and I do now. I also had an elevated temp in the mid 99's for 2 months but my body tends to do this at times and I have no idea why. Right now for the past month I have not had an elevated temp.

Can you help please? Please?

Attachments

• CHEWEY-LEE-2020-10-22-____BLOOD WORK___.pdf
    305.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Chewey-4415-1_VET_DIAGNOSIS_NOTES.pdf
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
  • CHEWEY-LEE-2020-09-10-0702_POOP_SAMPLE.pdf
    285.5 KB · Views: 2
  • CHEWEY_HOLISTIC_ACTIONS_FORUM_INFORMATION_11-27-2020.pdf
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
  • TIGGER_HOLISTIC_ACTION_FORUM_INFORMATION_11-27-2020.pdf
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Tigger-4415TIGGER___VET__DIAGNOSIS__NOTES.pdf
    43.7 KB · Views: 2
  • TIGGER-LEE-2020-11-24-____FECAL__DIAGNOSIS___.pdf
    285.4 KB · Views: 2
  • TIGGER-LEE-2020-11-24-_____BLOOD WORK___.pdf
    304.5 KB · Views: 3

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, first off Tammi, thank you for adding a picture to your forum profile and for making your first post!

Also, for sharing so much awe-some, and useful, data. I am going through it now and will post my thoughts later.

In the meantime, rest assured that their symptoms and diagnoses can be helped by working with their natural healing mechanism. You do this with simple holistic actions that build and preserve their vitality (cellular energy) and balance ("homeostasis") like fresh food feeding, promoting purring, and minimizing toxins.

The hard part then is to "get out of the way" and let mother nature work her magic.

How did each kitty, in their own ways, react to the move? Did they hide under the bed for weeks, did they explore happily and love their new home, or...

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
11.28.2020 7:32pm
Thank you Dr. Jeff! I appreciate your kindness and genuine concern.

O.k so today's report so far.......

Chewey came to me in my bed this morning to snuggle like he so often does but he has not done so in a week or so. YAY! He has not wanted me to touch him too much in a little while now. Breakfast Chewey ate 1/3.
2:45pm I gave Chewey 1/4 of a Senna pill with some cooked salmon to hide it. Chewey was excited today because he saw a mole outside the window and he was so excited...kind of like a hunting game for him because the mole kept popping in and out of his hole! Exciting!!!!
7pm Dinner Chewey ate 3/4 Rabbit raw with EPA/DHA 4 drops and Probiotics on it. SUPER! Then he went to lay down. Seems to be his norm lately but he DIDN'T groan when I pet him a little.
Chewey had a bowel movement sometime between 3:30 and 6:30. YAY! YAY! YAY!!! I am attaching a pic for your enjoyment ;)?? HA! HA! now has 2 meanings for me! How great is that! Do you think there is an issue with yellow stool that's crumbly? He did have some hair mixed in.

QUESTION: Now that he had a bowel movement, do I still give him a senna tomorrow since he probably has more hair in there to get out??? He didn't poop yesterday but he did the day before and that was 6 nuggets. I did give him 1/2 tsp pumpkin but usually he has NEVER eaten that so I was soooo suprised! Is there also a certain dose to feed either of them? Chewey at 9.2 lbs and Tigger at 8.2 lbs.

TIGGER:
Tigger played today happily and has a good disposition but eating is a little weird again. She is eager to eat but once the food is placed in front of her she goes to sniff or eat a little and then hesitates but she will keep trying a few times. She didn't touch the chicken today that I gave her last night but this is also a food she used to eat and then it seemed like she didn't want it anymore but I thought since it's been a month or so I thought I would try it again since she was adamant she was not going to eat Rabbit it seemed. She ended up not touching the chicken so I gave her a little raw turkey from Steves with some BIXBI IMMUNITY on it and she ate a a little like 1/6 of a meal.
1:30pm gave her 1/4 of a Senna pill with some Salmon mixed in with water and she drank a bunch of water! The salmon was already cooked tho but I wanted to get some extra water in her since she is constipated.
7pm Tig didn't want dinner. She was interested.....smelled it but didn't move to eat it.
7:30 pm Tigger HAPPILY licked 1 tsp of pure organic Pumpkin, from a can, off of my hand. SHE LOVES IT!!! What a blessing!!!!!! God is so good!
She has NOT had a bowel movement today or yesterday. She pooped 11-26 in the morning. Hers was yellow and dry too like you see in the pic of Cheweys.

I am truly hoping the PVC of the bed was the issue and we will ALL be on the way to healing!!! Is there something specific I need to give to them if it was the PVC air mattress that was leaching chemicals into the air and causing our immune systems to decrease? UGH! Very upset with myself for not thinking to look what the bed was made of. Yet I am looking into a "Clean" couch and bed for myself and the kitties. I am truly praying this WAS our issue and we can be on the mend!

I am ever grateful to you for taking the time to explore all of my notes. I KNOW it is a lot to go through and read. Did I do that correctly or was it too much and/or is that how you do a Forum posting?

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Respectfully,
Tammi
:0)

11-28-2020__Fecal_Chewey2.jpg

11-28-2020__Fecal_Chewey1.jpg

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
The move......
Tigger and Chewey both do NOT like car rides. However, they both did exceptionally well on the hour drive! They just meow'd a little just a couple of times but they meow'd and soon stopped.
Once we came I had already had everything in it's place minus about 10 boxes. Chewey is an "explorer" so he walked around exploring. Tigger kind of hid behind boxes for about a week because there was noise upstairs and she didn't know what the noise was and thought someone was coming into the house which she is scared of people. She slowly got used to it just being us as I didn't have anyone over trying to avoid additional stress on her. Within about 2 weeks she was much better. It took her about a week when I first caught her to start coming out and then she was eager to be loved. It was about the same here. She still gets a little freaked out over someone coming down the stairs and she will run into the bedroom thinking they are coming in here but she has been getting much better with that after the first month or so. She no longer runs, she pauses, listens and then continues what she is doing usually. I am home ALL THE TIME with her so she really isn't by herself to be scared and when I notice she gets scared I will try to introduce play time with her to distract her or break her out of the fear mode. Life was stressful where I was for about a year. Here, just the cats being sick stresses me out.

Chewey, as I mentioned he is an explorer and he takes to people AND new environments much better! Within a week he was completely adjusted from what I could see. He was a little itchy at this time but nothing like he has been.

BOTH of the cats enjoy the animal entertainment we have here. Raccoons, birds, squirrels, opossum, skunks, chipmunks, mouse, mole and we saw a rat once too and a rabbit! So, they enjoy watching them. They were happier prior to being so itchy and Chewey's belly kicked in during the month of August. I was giving them dry during the middle of the night at 2 and 4am. 1/8 cup split between the two of them as well as about 20 pellets before bed time so he could chase them so I think at that point he was getting way too much dry and with the increased itchiness he was probably ingesting more and more of his hair and that may have been the cause of the IBS issue the end of August and beginning of Sept. He went to the vet on Sept 9th. His L eye was also closing on and off and I was wiping it with Sovereign Silver or a warm cloth and then it would be fine. His eye has been better and I don't really such very much but a very, very slight closing of his lid a hair more than his other eye but it has not been often. I think the L-Lysine helped that as the vet said it was herpes virus.

I once went to a holistic doctor and she placed my hand on this metal mouse looking thing and scanned my body and told me I had EBV, Shingles and I had Scarlet Fever at some point in my life. I hope I didn't pass any of that onto Chewey. I also know according to Medical Medium that I have Strep virus inside me as I have signs and also I had it about 30 times as a child and teenager as well as a nasty case of Mono that was 6 months of pain and then I had a relapse where I had what looked like these half egg welts on my shins. I missed the entire Freshman year or high school and had to do 4 years in 3 years to graduate with my class. So, I worry if I will pass that onto them.

I think I have answered your questions and gave you a little more insight into them as well.

Thank you again!!!!!! :0)

Peace,
Tammi

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the wonderful posts, Tami!

No, the yellow and crumbly stools are not a problem per se. They are however often indications of mild dehydration from insufficient fluids. Especially if the kitties are getting dry food.

No matter what the specific symptom is, e.g. a yellow stool, itching in a certain way, in a certain area, kidney dis-ease, etc. they are clues to what's happening internally and point to the nature of the inner imbalance.

Symptoms are therefore guides to what to do and whether any action is helping.

Embrace symptoms as friends.

Fantastic that the kitties now both love their new environment and it's super-fantastic that their hunting instincts are being activated by the animals in the yard.

This instinct will help them be happy and help activate their natural healing mechanisms. You can do this even more by playing the hunt for treats, or chasing a feather games, and other ways to engage them and increase happiness and healing.

Along with a fresh food diet and avoiding things that lower cellular energy, like toxins and drugs, they should just keep getting better and better! Like today!

You might also want to start the Let Animals Lead meditation that Kathleen Prasad taught us during her wonderful webinar earlier this year. Just search for it over at the main member site.

Kathleen also did a wonderful Vitality and Balance interview about Reiki which is below:

Another pertinent interview is with vet Dr. Rick Pamquist about the microbiome, science and experience-based veterinary medicine and the power of love:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I see that Chewey has a mildly elevated SDMA along with normal blood test results otherwise. In addition, the urine concentration shows that his kidneys are still working. The SDMA alone does not equal early kidney di-ease unless it is consistently elevated or if there is "creatinine creep" and if the urine is more dilute.

You can learn more about creatinine creep and kidney dis-eases in the HA! kidney webinar-course and Empower Hours!

Are there any other blood or urine tests available so we could trend the results? A trend lets you see how tests, like for the kidneys, blood counts, etc. change. It's like the difference between a snapshot and a movie. Like a trend, the latter is much more informative.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
I do have a previous blood test and I will try to take a picture of that and send it to you. Forgive me for not doing so already. I should have been more thorough. I noticed a few things myself in the difference between his numbers last time and this time. I spoke with my vet regarding this. I am eager to see what your thoughts are as well. :0)

Tigger finally had a bowel movement and I've attached a picture of that as well. She normally doesn't have much hair in her stool but a little for sure. This one has a LOT. She has been licking herself due to itchiness a lot lately. Hopefully she will find some relief now! Sending prayers from my typing to your eyes to God's Grace. :0)

Thank you for your information above, I appreciate it. I will review it in the morning again and I will be doing research tomorrow on your site. Thank you for guidance of some places to look and things to look at!

Tammi

Fecal__11.29.2020__after bout of constipation for 2 days___2.jpg

Fecal__11.29.2020__after bout of constipation for 2 days___1.jpg

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Chewey earlier blood work. He has another set of blood work from 2018 that I asked the vet for because I do not have it in my notes. I will forward that as soon as I get it.

These records are hard to see but it's all I have from that vet. My apologies. If there is something that you can not read just let me know and I can write it out in here.

20201129_123854.jpg

20201129_123825.jpg

20201129_123933.jpg

20201129_123911.jpg

20201129_123948.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Chewey's 2015 to 2020 creatinine trend (the main kidney enzyme) is fine!

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Zippadeedoodaa!!!!

So, I noticed his Globulin was low...
2020 3.0
2015 3.0 and 3.6

Glucose on the low end but within range
2020 74
2015 99 and 84

Total Protein is low...
2020 6.1
2015 7.3

We discussed the SDMA above, thank you for helping me to understand the significance or lack there of for the specific number rather the relationship of consistent elevation, creatinine creep and diluted urine. I have jotted that in my notes!

BUN/CREATININE ratio
2020 16.8
2015 13 and 14%

BUN
2020 32, close to the top end of acceptable. (16-37)
2015 don't have a record of this

THEN the next set

Reticulocytes
His are 0 range (3-50)

RBC
2020 7.97
2015 8.3 and 8.1

Hemoglobin
2020 11.5 low end of normal
2015 11.7 and 11.8

The vet also found while prepping him for his Teeth cleaning....
R Axis Shift
She did a Chest x-ray and ultrasound and said they were good and normal.

I'm even more curious realizing I had blood work completed in 2018 to see the results! I hope they send me it QUICK! :0)

Also, I did have Chewey and Tigger on the following....can you tell me if they are beneficial and I should continue them or if I should keep them out still. I'd like to start building their immune systems and I think even though they have a raw diet of raw nuggets store bought, I am wondering if I should be adding additional supplementation in. The vet gave me Imuquin, however, it has natural flavor in it and yeast extract and a source of B12 that Medical Medium does not recommend so I wonder the efficacy of it and the natural flavor if it is GMO. I had also purchased BIXBI "IMMUNITY" at one point but they didn't seem to take to the taste but I started to introduce it again recently to Tigger and she seemed o.k. with it.

TIGGER was constipated for 2 days but went yesterday, not today yet but she hasn't eaten too much and I'm not sure how much more hair may be sitting in her gut/intestines from licking. I did, however, notice that she wanted to eat breakfast today but she sniffed each of chicken, turkey and rabbit and walked away and went over to her grass and ate some. A half hour later she did eat some cooked salmon with 1 tsp of pumpkin.

During the afternoon her and I were playing and again she stopped playing to eat grass but then got side tracked with playing again and she did this maybe 3 times. I am wondering if her belly is still upset from the hair or just upset in general and if there is something I can give her to maybe calm it down? Perhaps a little fennel, anise, caraway or ginger tea in her dinner meal or syringe into the side of her mouth? Something that may help settle her belly?

I purchased Raw nuggets by Primal, the Chicken and Salmon version today thinking that if the only thing she would eat is Salmon for the past 2 days then maybe she will actually eat a meal if it is in it!

I am going to search your site for pros and or cons for different raw food brands and if one is better than another. :0)

Thanks!

I plan to be on the Webinar tomorrow at 8! Healthy eating and exercise. Just sent for my link! I am going to finish reading the Fun-damentals now.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
OOPS, sorry, forgot to add the supplements I did put them on recently but have taken them off based on the vet suggesting.....
L-Lysine, 250mg roughly a day (started Sept. 30th slow introduce, Oct 12, full dose)
Barley Grass Juice Powder, a sprinkle on each meal (Maybe started Nov. 1, 2020)
Spirulina, a sprinkle on each meal (Maybe started Nov. 1, 2020)
Dulse, a sprinkle on each meal (Maybe started Nov. 1, 2020)
Cilantro, a sprinkle on each meal (Started Nov. 19, 2020)
Local Honey, Southbury. less than ¼ of a teaspoon a day (Started Nov. 12, 2020)

I still have them on ....... should I continue these?
EPA/DHA 8 drops a day from my capsule, (Started Oct. 25, 2020)
Probiotics the medical medium ones on his suggested list

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Tammi, those are all supportive supplements that are fine to use.

Ginger tea and liquid aloe vera are both great for helping soothe and heal her stomach.

Vitalize Alimend might also be helpful here:

Here's a video designed for guardians of horses, but the benefits apply equally to dogs and cats:

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,

Thank you for reading and responding.

Is there a specific "dose" or any of the supplements/tea/aloe I mentioned or that you mentioned?

Is there 1 or 2 supplements versus others that would be the most beneficial to building their immune system that I can add in? Then I can introduce it and see how they are from that 1? I added a bunch in and just saw their itchiness get worse and worse but now that I THINK I have found and eliminated the original culprit which is the bed, I can access their BEAM and EWS after administering just 1 at a time for a few weeks. I need a supplement class! :0)

Or do you feel I should give them a little time without any additives again? They are just doing the EPA/DHA of a human version and cat probiotics right now. Speaking of those. I was told I have to keep switching probiotics otherwise it doesn't help. Is that true? I do Mary Ruth's Liquid probiotics for cats. It has Lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus plantarum, bifidobacterium longum and bifidobacterium thermophilus.

Tigger has been sneezing and shaking her head. She didn't touch the Primal Raw Chicken and Salmon I bought. She kept looking at it but didn't touch it. I brought it to her later and she sniffed it and could care less but I kept introducing it as if it was new and all of a sudden it was like she SMELLED it and dove in! Is it possible she isn't able to smell food well right now and that's why she isn't eating and if so, how would I address that to know and help to resolve it or do I just wait for it to go away on it's own as she heals? She hasn't eaten much in days. She keeps going to her green grass plant. I don't know if it's due to constipation, upset stomach or lack of smell. Or a combo! Thanksgiving she didn't eat well and hasn't since at least that day. That's 4 days now. She is down to 8 instead of 8.2 lbs. :0(

Sincerely,
Trying to Persevere . . .

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
So,... I was told to let my holistic vet know that my cats BOTH LOVE their electric heating pad to lay on. However, Chewey, who is long hair LOVES HEAT! He always has. He will lay directly in the sun, directly by a heat source and he is as happy as can be no matter what season.

Question...is there something different I could give Chewey or Tigger for constipation rather than just 1/4 tsp of pumpkin or 1/4 Senna pill as Chewey will not touch pumpkin again and Tigger it is not producing a stool. I gave Tigger a 1/4 Senna this morning and Chewey last night and Chewey had 4 little nuggets come out this morning after being in the litter box 5 or so times and on the last one he let out a little cry. I think he or they both may have extra hair still in there that is maybe stopping them from wanting to eat like they used to. I am trying to incorporate more water with their food. Is there something more I can do to help them regulate their system and get the hair out if there is more in there clogging them up?

I wasn't sure if the food was causing the allergies so I was trying to keep Chewey on Rabbit for the 4-6 weeks. He began rabbit on Oct. 24th. Is there a video or link somewhere to making cat food? I know on the webinar Dr. Peter Dobias has a dog food maker. Any thoughts where I can get "good and truthful" information?

Thank you for the Webinar, it was informative!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Tammi! I'm so glad that you got to join us on the webinar last night.

Yes, it is very common (and normal) for a cat to love heat. Even heavily coated cats.

Regarding using fiber to combat constipation, I've had the most success using psyllium seed-based fiber supplements. The one I use in my practice is:

You could also try an Answer's goat's milk "fast" for a few days to help clear out the hair.

Regarding making cat food, HA! faculty member @Gail Pope is the expert. She's done that for hundreds of geriatric rescue cats over the year. I'll ask her to post in this thread or for any resources (if you can't find any in the member area).

Gail Pope

Community Member
HA! Faculty
Thanks Jeff, and hello Tammi!

I am happy to help in any way I can and for now let me share a link to my nutrition page on the BrightHaven website: Nutrition: BrightHaven. There you will find a downloadable version of my basic diet mix as well as the companies whose products I use.

I have indeed fed many, many cats over almost 30 years and have used the same formula - following my "what works" policy. Of course it's important to remember that every "being" is different with different needs and desires and so there are lots of tips and tricks to feeding a cat a new diet, especially one who is not 100% in balance. The most important perhaps is to go slowly when incorporating a new diet to avoid any digestive upsets.

Hope that helps a little!
With love and blessings,
Gail.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello:cat2: and Thank you Gail, and Dr. Jeff for including you into this forum. I greatly appreciate your response! I will take a look at your BrightHaven website. Exciting!

Peace & Gratitude,
Tammi
:0):catfood:

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,
Chewey was on Rabbit for 5 ish weeks so that we could rule out food allergies. I decided to change it a little as he started to not want to eat it. I introduced some Chicken and Salmon by Primal Raw nuggets on Sunday's dinner and he loved them at first but then didn't really eat them as much and went back to the rabbit come Tuesday. He now, has dark stool, Tigger does too on the same food switch, and Chewey's stool was a little mushy this morning just 1 plop of it and then he visited the littler box crying about 12 more times after that in the time span of about 3 hours.
I ordered the Holistic Pet Support Fiber. Waiting for that to arrive. I looked into the Alimend,....what are your thoughts on the difference of that versus say Forti Flora to help rebuild his gut and immune system?
Thanks much!
Tammi

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,
You also mentioned Answers "Goat Milk".... As you know I follow Medical Medium and he says dairy, even goats milk feeds viruses. I know Chewey has this closing issue of 1 of his eyes and the vet said it was a herpes type thing and that the L-Lysine would help. I feel it did. She has since then told me to stop the L-Lysine because she said for cats it should only be given on a 4 to 6 week basis and then it doesn't seem to work as well and if you continue when a flare arises it won't work as well for it. According to Medical Medium he says dairy feeds viruses so does that follow suit for cats/animals too? I ask because I was contemplating giving him that if he will eat it/drink it. He did throw up his dinner within 10 minutes of eating it and he threw up hair with it. Not in a formed log, just a roundish little mass of hair mixed in with food. About an half hour later he kept wanting food so I gave him just a little and he went right to it and thought about it and walked away. An hour after that he kept coming and walking around in the kitchen and even came on my lap, maybe he felt a little better after getting more hair out????, I gave him 6 little wet rabbit freeze dried nuggets from Stella and Chewey and he ate them when I fed them to him. I left it at 6 because he did throw up and I wanted to get something in his belly but not a lot and cause more throw up.
Wow, you must hear some GREAT conversations in your line of duty!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks so much for your input. Am going to research more tomorrow! Don't seem to see these answers on your site anywhere tho. I saw Goat Milk helped someone's pet but no reference to Medical Medium or FortiFlora.

I used to give my dog Forti Flora and Proviable years back. What would be more beneficial to build his gut and immune system???
Alimend
Florti Flora
Proviable
??????????????

Thank you, oh wise homeopathic one, for your help! It is greatly appreciated! :0) :0) :0)

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,
Chewey is getting more and more itchy again and hungrier often again. I don't know why or what to do but if it gets as bad as it was I am going to have to do the allergy shot again and I don't want to do that. Is there anything I can do now to help him even though I don't know why he is itching? Apparently it was NOT the bed because he is increasing in his itching as days pass rather than getting better and the bed was taken away on the 27th. So disheartening.
I also know it is good to change up their food but because I can't get his itching to stop I wasn't sure if I should change it. Should I start to add another food and see how he does at this point? If it was an allergy to chicken or turkey or beef, switching to Rabbit for 5-1/2 weeks should have lessened the issue but he just got worse until he had the shot and then about 3 days after the shot I noticed a drop in his itching. Maybe taking the bed away wasn't beneficial. Maybe it was the shot all this time. Nov. 18th was the shot. It took 3 days to kick in for me to notice any difference in him. He even scratched the daylights out of himself right through the gabapentin every 8 hours. :0(
I can't let him get that bad this time and itch himself raw. Anything I can do ahead of time? He is back to his falling asleep during the days when he should be awake. But not as bad as it was. I just can't figure it out! I know I am less itchy but starving all the time for the past 2 days too. I swear it's some kind of bug!
Sincerely,
When is this nightmare going to end
:0(

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom