• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Allergies: dog itching ear

FrancesC

Registered
Hi, Both my dogs Bernadette (10 years female ) and Harpo ( 4 years male) seem to have allergy issues. Our vet has had to give Harpo an allergy shot as his allergy got so bad he ended up with a raw hide, and sneezing and itching ear. This was a couple months back... he randomly flicks his ear or shakes his head.. Bernadette flicks her right ear and shakes her head more than Harpo and sneezes occassionly. Vet says ears of both dogs are good and is contemplating meds for Bernadette as she does not like to give her too many shots or meds due to hemolytic anemia and she is on Galiprant 20mg ( 1/4 tablet per day) for her ACL tear.
Are there any recommended natural meds I can give both my dogs for allergies? .
It seems like we are at the the vet a lot since moving to Florida.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Frances! I'm sorry to hear about Bernadette and Harpo's allergy challenges.

Yes, there are tons of natural meds that can support the immune system to help decrease allergies.

It can be helpful to start be seeing all allergies (and immune phenomena) for what they are.

That is, allergies are a sign of immune imbalance. As is hemolytic anemia and many other health challenges.

IMHO, your vet is super wise to avoid shots and meds for Bernadette. It's good to minimize these in all pets!

Regarding what to do, the HA !101 course is a great place to start. In it you'll learn more about the importance of building Vitality (energy) and ways to optimize Balance.

After doing that course, you may want to watch the 8/20 webinar from Dr. Stephanie Chalmers who is a vet dermatology expert who discusses details about optimizing the inner terrain (which are the same actions as improving inner Balance).

Yes, pets have lots of skin challenges in FL. Partially from the weather, and there being many more fleas. Flea combing twice at least day can be very helpful.

Dr. Christina's flea book can be helpful and is free in the member area.

Regarding the ear itch (which is often another allergy sign) try wiping out the itchy ears daily using:

It can also be very, very helpful for you to start working with a vet homeopath (many of us do virtual consultations):

FrancesC

Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff. I just saw your response. I am still navigating my way through the forum and web site. :) I also appreciate the call we had yesterday to discuss about my pets. Very thankful for all your insight. ? ( Oh I was always using small batch so now I just ordered NoBL.)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom