• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Acute vomiting and diarrhea

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello!! Tater Tot has had a history of "ibd" and "gastritis". However, last night she had what I would call acute vomiting and diarrhea.

At 4pm on our walk, I got something out of her mouth that looked like part of a chicken wing with sticky sauce on it. She had great energy, ate her food and had a great poop.

8pm she was very slow to eat dinner but ate it. Didn't want to walk on her PM walk.

I gave her constitutional remedy at 9pm bc seemed off.

930pm vomited large amount of food (including sweet potato treat). Befor vomit she was shivering and slightly pulled away when I touched her belly (but didn't move away). Then at 10pm -drank some water and pooped out back -thick soup. 1130pm -vomited small amount of dog food/foam x2 then a few mins later white foam then ran to back door but then to her corner pee rug and had spurting (some noise, didn't see) liquid poop.

She went outside after and lots of walking and straining and now laying outside. 3am: She then vomited x3 teeny amounts then liquid spurting poop.

4 and 450am: small Amt of vomit (but retching seemed intense).

-gave some goat yogurt at 530am then 730am and at 830am gave a mix of broth and goat yogurt. She is up barking at me for food now lol!

So...

1. This seems acute to me -would you ever give nux?
2. How long for fluids only? I usually wait 12-24h from last meal but she vomited at 5am so thinking to hold off and just give fluids until 3pmish?!
3. Giving ~1/4 cup of liquid every hour...? She is 12lbs. Added some dia-assist to 8am liquid.

I am due to go out of town tomorrow and her GMA will be staying with her but would like to get her in as good as a spot as possible (or delay trip).

Thanks all!!

PXL_20210525_121921958.MP.jpg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
They do like to challenge us when we need to be busy elsewhere!

She may very well be responding to the dose of the constitutional medicine, so I would not give a different medicine.

It would be fine wait on solids until 3PM unless she seems so back to normal sooner that you want to try a small amount of bland food.

Dia-assist is fine, too.
@Dr. Sara @Dr.Jody

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you so much!!! She is definitely improving! She walked slowly but well with her walker! And goes between sleeping and barking for food :).

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Tater Tot had great energy and super barky all evening for food -I gave her broth+goat milk with rice then 1/2 meals x2. Her diet is what I would consider bland (low-fat ground pork loin and white rice). She also got some treats (cricket based treats).

At 1am, she woke up and pooped a small piece of barely formed poop into pudding poop with some straining after, laid down on belly outside then regurg a small amount (nickel size) of undig food.

I am thinking I advanced her food to quickly? So plan to stop treats and go back to 1/4 size meals of rice and pork?

Or should I refast? Any other ideas?

Also for remedy...repeat in AM if still seems less energetic again?

@Dr. Christina thank you ,!!
Thank you!!

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I would go slower on the food.
It may be time to check in with the veterinary homeopath who prescribed her constitutional. May need an acute related to that remedy.

If less energetic, do repeat the constitutional until you speak with your homeopath.

Still better, so that is good.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How is she this am Nova?

When do you leave today?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It may be time to check in with the veterinary homeopath who prescribed her constitutional.
That's me Dr. Christina so Nova has been keeping all of us informed here on the forum.

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello again :) so I am going out of town this morning to Florida. Catie's mom is staying with Tay Tay. I am at airport now.

By 9am yesterday she was looking for food and by 12pm almost to her usual self!

I was giving her goat milk +pork broth (a powder mix) and then gave her two half-sized meals at end of the day. At 1am she went out back and had a small barely formed poop followed by pudding poop. Right after that she laid down on the ground outside. This laying down on the ground outside right after she poops is new for the past two nights. She then regurged a small amount of undigested food. Then at some point during the early morning hours she either resurged or vomited (didn't see her doing it) at half dollar sized of mostly digested food.

She moved from bed to bed a little bit during the night and often laid down flat on her stomach. Then this morning, she didn't want to walk. I put her in the stroller and she walked a few blocks home slowly but with lots of smelling. She had spurting liquid noisy poop on the walk. Looked like there was fat or mucous in it and had bubbles.

She didn't want to eat goat milk but she took some pork pieces. Her BEAM is fair. Dosed her silica q2 5/1 qtip at 9am today and plan to belly rest today. Any thoughts? Additional remedies? Should I make an appointment?

Thank you so much,

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes. Please schedule time to recheck when you return.

Ask her pet sitter to redose Sil Q2 if problems persist. If there are new symptoms or modalities, please ask her to record them and please let us know what they are.

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello! Just wanted to give an update about TT with this episode! She is doing much better. We backed off on her food and re-belly rested her -offering goat milk q2h x1.5 days then gave 1/2 meals x1.5 days (and giving dia-assist) and then back to regular meals but NO treats (and she usually gets a LOT of treats). I was out of town, so her grandma did an awesome job and was way better then me at saying no to treats! Tater Tot recovered well, energy bounced back!!

Thank you to everyone for your help, advice and support!?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom