• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Acute Illness 13 year old Cocker Spaniel

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jennie-

Yes, goat's milk should be OK and Answer's fermented goat's milk could be even better.

However. if it seems to make him feel ill then hold off on giving it.

Have you tried fermented raw food (also from Answer's)? He should tolerate this better than straight raw food.

Yes, this could be a histamine response or other intolerance.

Have you tried chicken necks for him to chew on?

How about Tartar Shield chews?

JennieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Jennie-

Yes, goat's milk should be OK and Answer's fermented goat's milk could be even better.

However. if it seems to make him feel ill then hold off on giving it.

Have you tried fermented raw food (also from Answer's)? He should tolerate this better than straight raw food.

Yes, this could be a histamine response or other intolerance.

Have you tried chicken necks for him to chew on?

How about Tartar Shield chews?
Vet said not
To give him chicken because it is a “hot” food according to Chinese medicine. So I switched him over to the turkey. Have not tried any of the answers products.. Only using the primal turkey and sardine for raw. I’m checking a local farm to see if I can get turkey from them and thought about batch cooking as funds are very limited now. Will spirulina or barley grass juice powder help him as a supplement? I did not see it listed in the heart course you have. I was reading about congestive eart failure and noted all supplements..herbs.. etc. but like I said the funds are just limited now and I’m giving him everything I can. Gave him a little kale and blueberries in food tonight along with some Atlantic dulse sea vegetable ( which I’ve been doing on and off). Thank you so much for your help.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jennie-

Spirulina-yes.

Barley grass-no

JennieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello again
It has been a while since I have been here. Romeo was just diagnosed with a cancerous tumor 5 inches in size in his abdomen on Thursday.(due to bloating) Dr was unsure if it was liver or spleen and what type of cancer whether a carcinoma or lymphoma. She said we could see a surgeon or hospice from there. Romeo is still having the tics or body jerks.. he is circling a lot for no reason.. and wandering. He has a few spots that she said were “sebaceous cysts “and prescribed an antibiotic for them (Simplicef is the antibiotic) she also gave him some pain med and anxiety med if needed. She gave us 1 ml arnica and calendula to use 3 x day.. and phosphorus 1ml 2 x day . I have been giving him small drop of milk thistle a couple times a day and a drop or two or vegan safe b12 all before he eats. (Have been doing the milk thistle and b12 for several months) the b12 and milk thistle
Make a huge difference in his energy and neurological issues. My question is will the antibiotic be ok for him to take? I’m also giving him a half capsule of culterelle 2 times a day before he eats. Is there a different option maybe as far as an herb that I could give him instead? The “cysts” are pretty yucky. I am feeding him some cooked vegetables.. raw turkey and sardines with some celery juice for his meals. He will eat ok but eats better if I give him the milk thistle and b12 before hand.
I am just worried the antibiotic may potentially cause an issue. Thank you

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom