• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Accident

AmelieH

All-Access Member
Registered
Help!
My puppy grabbed my phone and gnawed out a corner. So ate glass splinters :( What can I do? I already gave sauerkraut...thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How's her BEAM?

Do you see any abnormal symptoms?

Sauerkraut's a great idea, also bread products and chia seeds (which create a padding type gel around them).

Keep an eye on your pup, see what your local vet says and try not to worry much (or at all). Your pup will be fine (but continue mindful monitoring for a few more days).

I'll never forget a toy Poodle I saw as an emergency when I was an intern at Angell in 1986. She had eaten a double edged razor blade.?

The x-ray showed it lodged above the heart, but we didnt want to do anything except put the pup in a cage until a surgeon could arrive. An x-ray before surgery showed the razor blade to be moving along fine, and passed just fine!

Dogs will eat the darnedest things!

AmelieH

All-Access Member
Registered
Dear Dr. Jeff,
thank you very much for your message, I will implement the tips!!! I'll check out her beam! So far she hasn't shown any weird symptoms.

My local vet (didn't get through to my holistic vet) said Bonny should eat sauerkraut and then maybe inject her with something to make her vomit if I want. My intuition told me not to do that thing with the vomit...I hope it was the right decision and I hope and pray Bonny is fine and nothing happened! ?

I'll be even more careful in the future, it was my fault for keeping the phone within reach :(

Wow - the razor blade story! :eek:

I hope I can teach Bonny to stop chewing and eating so much!

Thank you from Bonny and Amelie?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I hope it was the right decision
100%!

I'd say to never induce vomiting when the ingested material (like glass) is sharp (or caustic).

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I think I would feed something bulky and soft, like white bread and/or slippery elm glop. Couldn't hurt any.

Yuji says "Yuck!" to sauerkraut...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom