• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

9 year old Frenchie male swollen sac/anal glands

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
My 8 year old Frenchie developed swollen red anus, sac for the second time

First time he was 2 and unbeknownst to me it exploded via the surface of the skin, bloody mess.

This time red and swollen 4-8 o’clock noticed at 3pm today

Many variables with this pup. Raw rabbit meat diet, diet 15% chosen vegetation w coconut oil and ACV, homeopathically, perineal hernia surgery June this year, probiotics and super greens by rawK9

Note without proper professional diagnosis, and believing it’s a sac, understanding the cause is usually 1) ingrown hairs, 2) diarrhea packing up into sacs 3) parasites

We can’t get him to a vet anytime soon and no holistically minded vets close by, any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oy, sorry about Shelton's possible anal sac abscess. :( ?

Is he doing lots of licking or scooting?

How's his BEAM?
exploded via the surface of the skin, bloody mess.
When an abscess ruptures like that, it's actually really good (tho it's messy)! Healing can then move forward.

For this acute episode, until you can get him to the vet, perhaps hot compress the area as often as possible (at least 3x/day).

When and what was the last homeopathic medicine that he responded well to?

Also, if he's eating well, consider adding 2 pinches of Fiber Detox, Metamucil, or other fiber to each meal. The extra fiber could also help.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Add some rescue remedy (or other emergency flower essences) and/or calendula to the hot water soaks. Hold the hot cloth for a few minutes until it cools, then re dip to get hot again. Try for 15 mins if he'll hold for it. Do not struggle - reward with treats. If it opens up, definitely use the calendula and rescue remedy.

And work now to create your holistic health care team, in addition to us - virtual and local.

PS - it is not that diarrhea backs up, it is that the sacs are normally emptied by a big stool and muscles pushing stool out compress the sacs, so diarrhea does not do enough compression.

Dr. Christina

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Update, Shelton was up once an hour last night,
Clear fluid leaking from rectum when attempting to evacuate bowels with little to no success

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Another update: 12/24

Colitis- Possible Obstruction of canvas duffel bag toy

2 days clear fluid then 4 small movements acorn size hard with gel clear

Vomited a 1cmx4cm ball of cotton canvas threads some bile

12/24/23. 2 bowel movements today 5 attempts

1 movement size of acorn the second size of 2 acorns

32C3D804-85A9-4181-944A-B1D3177D30BA.jpeg

4366EBF7-AE85-4884-B4A2-445240F0F870.jpeg

738F6D2F-4A32-4489-A5C0-8BADD375576D.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Michael-

Despite the vomiting (once?) and colitis symptoms, how's Shelton's BEAM?

Did you dose him after we spoke on Thursday? If so, what happened?

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
You had suggested Arsenicum but then suggested to hold off on I had dosed 10 QT of Sil
I have arsenicum album 30c
And nux vomica 30

- shivering on an off (especially after attempting to poop)
-yesterday after vomit canvas strands had bowel movements -no food yesterday or today
but water he is drinking water yesterday and today
-attempting to poop every 1-2 hours

Beam lower than yesterday was 6 now about 5​

APPETITE: refusing food, dinking water

BEHAVIOR: trembling at times on exhale, even when sleeping, can’t get settled, moans when petted of touched.

ENERGY: Energy low did play with a toy yesterday but stopped quickly today slow

MOOD: quiet, slow, some seeking, roaming, did bark at an unfamiliar sound,

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Did you see any change after the Sil?

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Yes the shaking improved immediately and seemed to get more settled less restlessness 60
Minutes after dose

Today morning and into afternoon, trembling and unsettled, wandering around, in and outside, no poop

90 minutes ago, I dosed your suggestion of arsenicum album 30c
I pellet, 10 taps, 10QT

I also rubbed topical boiron brand Calendula officinailis 1X HPUS 7% on his abdomen and around surgery scars, anus and inguinal nodes

Shelton immediately stoped quivering and has been sleeping and taking deep breaths rather than shallow, quick breathing
Still refusing food

Last edited:

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Yes the shaking improved immediately and seemed to get more settled less restlessness 60
Minutes after dose

Today morning and into afternoon, trembling and unsettled, wandering around, in and outside, no poop

90 minutes ago, I dosed your suggestion of arsenicum album 30c
I pellet, 10 taps, 10QT

I also rubbed topical boiron brand Calendula officinailis 1X HPUS 7% on his abdomen and around surgery scars, anus and inguinal nodes

Shelton immediately stoped quivering and has been sleeping and taking deep breaths rather than shallow, quick breathing
Still refusing food
This makes me so sad to read. Poor guy. You’re taking such good care of him! Dr Cooney has our Cat on Arsenicum 30c 2 x a day for a week. Cat was constipated and toxic burden from pesticides the HOA & Neighbors sprayed.

He has also gotten Acupuncture 2 x and I’m doing Accupressure points from 4 Paws 5 Directions.

I am giving him Pumpkin and increased it which has helped. Maybe you can give himemade chicken broth to keep hydrated and its healing.

I wonder if you can use Calendula tincture topically? We use it on cuts. I know homeopathically it works incredibly for healing wounds that cannot be sutured.

Romeo is feeling so much better and pooping every other day! Hope this helps. Sending you all prayers and healing.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
This makes me so sad to read. Poor guy. You’re taking such good care of him! Dr Cooney has our Cat on Arsenicum 30c 2 x a day for a week. Cat was constipated and toxic burden from pesticides the HOA & Neighbors sprayed.

He has also gotten Acupuncture 2 x and I’m doing Accupressure points from 4 Paws 5 Directions.

I am giving him Pumpkin and increased it which has helped. Maybe you can give himemade chicken broth to keep hydrated and its healing.

I wonder if you can use Calendula tincture topically? We use it on cuts. I know homeopathically it works incredibly for healing wounds that cannot be sutured.

Romeo is feeling so much better and pooping every other day! Hope this helps. Sending you all prayers and healing.
Thanks for the encouragement and prayers Lauren !

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Doctor says no obstruction
Not concerned with parasites
Not concerned with ingesting canvas
Going to X-ray to rule out stones

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Confusing 11am- 3:30 and maybe 90 more minutes they say.

Shelton was happy to see me waggin butt
Ears up happy eyes

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks so much for the enthusiasm and encouragement Lauren, it helps a lot.
Shelton is on the mend I pray. Today sore from all the restraint, poking and prodding which he has never had that experience 6.5 hrs
Still no answers but I suspect some infection due to external, extended family stress, effecting his vitality. And I had COVID perhaps not enough play and I was isolated for 7 days may have effected his BEAM

MichaelT

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks for the encouragement and prayers Lauren !
Lauren how old is your cat? And what other evidence of toxic burden symptoms, or other that led you to believe from pesticides the HOA & Neighbors sprayed?

Pesticides effected Shelton’s fur, would shoulder a big blow up ball (his favorite toy) we were renting at the time, all yards were sprayed. All community dogs were having inflammation immune issues, paws, coats, eyes…

I obtained the chemical data sheet, the landlord was reluctant and thought I was odd but I disclosed that the landscapers were not trained and not diluting the herbicide n pesticide chemicals with enough water.

I spread the word, the landlord asked me to stop speaking to the community. My answer is safety first. Protect or planet and family and pets.
Ignorance is bliss they say…

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Lauren how old is your cat? And what other evidence of toxic burden symptoms, or other that led you to believe from pesticides the HOA & Neighbors sprayed?

Pesticides effected Shelton’s fur, would shoulder a big blow up ball (his favorite toy) we were renting at the time, all yards were sprayed. All community dogs were having inflammation immune issues, paws, coats, eyes…

I obtained the chemical data sheet, the landlord was reluctant and thought I was odd but I disclosed that the landscapers were not trained and not diluting the herbicide n pesticide chemicals with enough water.

I spread the word, the landlord asked me to stop speaking to the community. My answer is safety first. Protect or planet and family and pets.
Ignorance is bliss they say…
@MichaelT Oh you are hitting a Nerve here! I’m enraged at the level of ignorance and resistance in this community! We contacted Maintaince who went as far as to give us the sheet and it says safe for animal!
Funny how Romeo, who’s 8 1/2, started looking super spikey, reduced appetite and constipation & 6 months of Vomitting all suddenly after the HOA sprayed behind our House where Romeo roams!
I have lab tests to show reduced Kidney function which is often from toxic burden!
I had labs done just a few month prior and no problems there!
Conincidence? I don’t believe so!

Same HOA sprayed the Softball Field where my Husband plays and he chaklenged then and asked for an info sheet and was denied!!! They LIED and said its not law that they have to provide it and they are inaccurate!

My Husband explained I need to know how to detox and that requires me knowing what I am trying to detox!!!

His Urine tests came back sky high! We are getting so many toxins from the Golf Course being sprayed regularly just a few feet from our rentedHouse!We all have had wlevated urine levels if toxins and the Lab Tech looked at the results and asked, Do you live on a Golf Course?!!!! I’ll never live on a Golf Course again!

So doing a lot of detox for all of us is happening now!

For Romeo I like Animal Essentials Detox. Adored Beast is good. BOTH are strong and I started with the recommended 5 drop dose and made Romeo worse!!!! BEWARE!

I stopped and have recently restarted with only 1 drop a day and he’s doing well. I’ll muscle test to see if I can try 1 drop 2x a day.

I have been wiping off Romeo’s paws when he comes in. If he were a Dog or more mellow, I’d do, and may try, a Salt water dip and rinse when he comes in!

for Dogs, I’d use Booties. I had a client that fed Raw and her Golden Retriever died of Cancer at 5! She realized toooo late that it was from the Dog Park that was sprayed with pesticides! Her Dog had been chewing on his paws! They were red!

Hope all this helps everyone! I wish I knew how to enlighten people and get the use of sprays banned here! I posted on Nextdoor, a neighborhood chat, about Roundup causing Cancer and the lawsuits won! I also shared my success with using 30-40% Vinegar sprayed all over my yard for Weed control!
My neighbors tried it once and left for 6 months!
It worked, but they didn’t see it! They sent an exterminator before they returned and she said to Brad, Oh you must be the one with the Cat!!! ?
Anyone have success or make progress with this please share! I’m all Ears! So frustrated!
@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Christina
How often should I detox Romeo and can i do low dose ongoing? How often should i take a beeak and for how long? Been giving 1 drop Animal Essentials Senior, instead od detox which was too strong, which has:
Alfalfa
Dandelinon
Milk Thistle
Ginko
Oat Flowering tops
Marshmallow
Garlic

romeo is doing better, and would like him to be eliminating daily rather than every other day!
Just finished 9 days of Arsenicum 30c BID, Thank you

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom