• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Petwealth Results following Persistent Diarrhea

JenniferStr

Community Member
Registered
Joined
Sep 12, 2026
Messages
3
Hi Everyone - I'm new to the group but Dr. Jeff was my labrador's vet over 20 years ago... I no longer live in CT but so happy to have access to him here. My dog's name is Poppet, he's a neutered, 8 year 3 month old "Mini" Bernedoodle who weighs about 72 lbs. BEAM - he is a lazy, happy love bug who might be the most food motivated dog on Earth. Thanks to my early training from Dr. Jeff, Poppet eats a wide variety of high quality, as local as possible, fresh foods mostly that I cook for him. Occasionally has some air dried or Honest Kitchen in the mix. Poppet normally has a very strong stomach and solid stools but this summer he's had some issues w/ chronic diarrhea - no accidents but needing to go out frequently in the middle of the night. I did a call w/ Dr Jeff who suggested I add raw saurkraut to his diet. I did so and w/in 2 days, stools were vastly improved. I'd ordered a diagnostic test from a new company called Petwealth to see if he had an parasites etc... the report is attached. The only two things detected were CPE and CPA. @Dr. Jeff is it anything to be concerned about or anything I need to do to better support his gut?
 

Attachments

  • report_1790193117017.pdf
    246.1 KB · Views: 1
Hey Jennifer!

w/in 2 days, stools were vastly improved

That's wonderful to hear!

Thanks so much for posting with this wonderful update about Poppet's poop!

is it anything to be concerned about or anything I need to do to better support his gut?

With tincture of time to allow his body to do its job I'd expect continued improvement.


Once he re-balances, A repeat test should be clear of the two pathogens.

If he does not continue to improve then consider vet homeopathy.
 
Welcome to Holistic Actions, Jennifer. Be sure to check the welcome video to learn all the resources available.

maybe download the Healthy Dog Journal to best track the different symptoms. Let me know if the instructions are clear for the assembly.

And to be clear, when Dr. Jeff mentions that you may need to work with a vet homeopath, as a member you can resume being a virtual client of his. How to become a new client of holistic vet Dr.Jeff Feinman, Connecticut USA

Dr. Christina
 
Hey Jennifer!



That's wonderful to hear!

Thanks so much for posting with this wonderful update about Poppet's poop!



With tincture of time to allow his body to do its job I'd expect continued improvement.


Once he re-balances, A repeat test should be clear of the two pathogens.

If he does not continue to improve then consider vet homeopathy.
Hi Dr. Jeff - we are back to struggling again... diarrhea is pretty regular regardless of what I'm feeding him and the other issue is his ears. They are inflammed with yellow-orange cobblestone thickened texture film on the inner flap and dark brown wax at the canal opening. His ears have been treated with Simplera twice this year (yes - I know... after avoiding all conventional veterinary medicine for years I had a mobile vet come check him out when I was worried and that was the result. Arrrgh.) What is my next move? Do I go to truly just one protein and one veggie for a few weeks and try to keep him from any other treats or food entirely to see if it's diet related or do I need to get him examined? I'm concerened.
 
BEAM is the same... he loves to eat, we took a 40 min walk early this am - happy. Some whining this am early which was because he needed to go to the bathroom again. But overall, no change to behavior.
He doesn't eat raw now, would moving to the Green Juju goat be a shock to his system? And you're saying exclusively eat that for a few weeks? I'm definitely willing to try it. He loves the snuffle mat btw! Fasting will be almost impossible... he's the most food motivated dog you will meet. But maybe I could do just dog bone broth and rice or something - to get close? He'd harrass me to no end if I tried not to feed him for 24 hours!
 
Back
Top Bottom