• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Wound on tail

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
My indoor-outdoor cat, Boochu, is about five years old. I don’t have much vaccination history for him because I’ve only had him for three years. During my time with him, he’s only received the rabies vaccine, to which he had a bad reaction. Last month and this month, I administered Virbac flea medication to him.

I can’t control what he eats when he’s outside, but I’m pretty certain he’s consuming food from other ferals and friendly humans. When he’s at home with me, he eats raw Darwins, and I usually supplement his diet.

Boochu tends to over-groom. He has lost hair on his hind legs and under his belly. Initially, I thought it might be due to exposure to toxins outside. A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a cut/wound near the base of his tail, which healed after I gave him Arnica. However, today I discovered an even bigger wound that appears to be a result of his over-grooming. I gave him two pellets of 30C Arnica and am scheduling an appointment with Dr. Herman. I’m also considering if Boochu might have OCD, or if it’s a combination of stress and OCD, or possibly allergies, for which I’ve added Bixbi skin and formula to help with seasonal allergies. I will also apply aloe vera as recommended by Dr. Jeff.

I’m wondering if homeopathic medicine can help with Boochu’s OCD and stress. I hope there’s a way I can help him, considering he is an indoor-outdoor cat, and I cannot control his exposure to various elements outside.

My regular vet wants to see him also but I don’t think conventional medicine would be very good for cases of OCD and stress. Your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your help. I have attached a video and photo of his wound.

@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Sara

IMG_0066.jpeg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I am not sure that is from overgrooming, though it is possible.
Definitely homeopathy can help the overgrooming and Dr. Herman can help you know which remedies to use for acute injuries.

Also, you may want to learn animal communication, and until you do, work with a communicator to see if he can understand that it distresses you when he is injured (or overgrooming). Since several times now he has these, there may be a new cat in the area.

Hypericum topically is also good for puncture wounds like this along with the aloe.

And yes, homeopathy can help OCD, or if it’s a combination of stress and OCD, or possibly allergies,

Let us know what Dr. Herman says, and the communicator if you use one.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Not overgrooming, it's way too deep for that. But he will (and should) lick the heck out of it!

I am 99% positive that is a bite abscess (100% sure if he goes outside or there's another cat in his life). It's open and draining, which is good. Keep it clean, use hot compress twice a day if he will let you. Don't put anything on it.

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
My indoor-outdoor cat, Boochu, is about five years old. I don’t have much vaccination history for him because I’ve only had him for three years. During my time with him, he’s only received the rabies vaccine, to which he had a bad reaction. Last month and this month, I administered Virbac flea medication to him.

I can’t control what he eats when he’s outside, but I’m pretty certain he’s consuming food from other ferals and friendly humans. When he’s at home with me, he eats raw Darwins, and I usually supplement his diet.

Boochu tends to over-groom. He has lost hair on his hind legs and under his belly. Initially, I thought it might be due to exposure to toxins outside. A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a cut/wound near the base of his tail, which healed after I gave him Arnica. However, today I discovered an even bigger wound that appears to be a result of his over-grooming. I gave him two pellets of 30C Arnica and am scheduling an appointment with Dr. Herman. I’m also considering if Boochu might have OCD, or if it’s a combination of stress and OCD, or possibly allergies, for which I’ve added Bixbi skin and formula to help with seasonal allergies. I will also apply aloe vera as recommended by Dr. Jeff.

I’m wondering if homeopathic medicine can help with Boochu’s OCD and stress. I hope there’s a way I can help him, considering he is an indoor-outdoor cat, and I cannot control his exposure to various elements outside.

My regular vet wants to see him also but I don’t think conventional medicine would be very good for cases of OCD and stress. Your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your help. I have attached a video and photo of his wound.

@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Sara

IMG_0066.jpeg
Thank you @Dr. Christina. I assumed over grooming because it was healed and then he hasn’t stopped licking that area so I thought he created this wound. There have been a few animal communicators that have spoken on HA webinars. Is there one in particular you recommend? Could this wound be occurring on its own from the inside? I have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. Herman. Will definitely keep you posted. Thank you!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
With bite wounds, the wound will scab over and *appear* healed but there is still bacteria underneath. Now it has abscessed out and drained itself. Perfectly normal process. :)

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Well, at this point it doesn't matter, but any deep cut or puncture would follow the same pattern. They look healed, but the infection is cooking away underneath, and will finally break through and drain.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I’m wondering if homeopathic medicine can help with Boochu’s OCD and stress.
Yes!

Perhaps hot compress the heck out of the area for a few days/week until his body heals it on its own.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom