• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vomiting bones after eating chicken necks

AliceR

Registered
Hello,
@drjeff and @drchristina- I hope to get some input concerning vomiting small bones after eating raw chicken necks.

I have written about my 12yr old English Shepherd dog, Reese, who has had a splenectomy in 2015 due to anemia and not making enough red blood cells. He is also hypothyroid and may have discoid lupus on his nose. About every 2 mths., I give my dogs raw chicken necks. He has always vomited up small bones in the past, but 2 mths ago, it seemed he was vomiting up more bones and when I gave him the necks yesterday- he vomited small pieces of bone about 5 times starting in the afternoon and ending early the next day morning before feeding. I decided not to give him any more necks, until I received some input about the vomiting. He does not seem to be concerned when he vomits, BEAM is good, though appetite a little down in mornings. He does like them, so any thoughts appreciated.

Thank you so much,
Alice R.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom