• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vitality and Biochemistry

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, as you know Teddy is on phosphorus for polycythemia. Is it possible that this remedy addresses both vitality and biochemistry or in Teddy’s case if there was a herb to add could he be on both safely? It seems as polycythemia was resolved and now it’s back again perhaps the phosphorus needs a bit of help? I am also looking at his premix I use and canned food because his iron is up a bit as well.

Also Teddy is on phosphorus how safe is it to use resveratrol in conjunction with the herb, phosphorus, and Ubiquinol? of course I will run this by my Homepathic vet but I have decided to not go the hydroxurea route if his PCV is still high. He gets blood drawn in 2 weeks. I feel very confused at this time because I don’t want to do something new that may harm him but I know I have to do something different because he is not getting better? He tries to lick the outside concrete and even indoors foyer slate flooring so there are deficiencies happening and I am trying to develop a plan on how to move forward even fine tuning his diet to begin adding more variety with Whole Foods. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wonderful questions as usual, JoAnn!

Yes, the Phos can address both vitality and biochemistry.

The best way to help and get deeper healing happening is to use a higher potency of a good remedy.

What potency of Phos is @dr_ judy herman currently using for Teddy?

Yup, giving both the remedy and herbs or other supplements is OK in polycythemia.

The right remedy is key. Sometimes you won't know until the potency is raised.

As the potency of a homeopathic medicine is increased, the degree of similarity needed to start a change increases.

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff. Right now I am using a stock bottle of 1 pellet of 200c in 75 cc of distilled water, and daily make a fresh bottle of 8 oz distilled water and 7 drops. I percuss each bottle each time I use them too. Teddy gets the phosphorus 2 x sometimes depending on nighttime struggling of anxiety pacing and meowing then a third dose.

What’s amazing is that he is doing surprisingly well with his BEAM it’s at 88% the energy and mood are affected. He has a high iron and I am not sure why, it may be the canned food? Or premix I am using so I am researching to try to add variety in his diet. I am reading Dr Basko Feeding Cats ebook, and will begin to try some of his recipes and suggestions. both kitties like grass fed steak and yams( just a small amount) as a trial at first.

If I stole using his premix on the semiraw food I am concern d he won’t get enough calcium minerals and vitamins. So i am trying to research that but I want to move to Whole Foods, less supplements and maybe use nutritional yeast instead.

I am not going to use hydroxurea. I don’t think that is for Teddy so if he is high again, I have to have a good plan in place. My dilemma will be stay with phosphorus or add to it an herb and other support supplements like resveratrol? Have you used this supplement and can it cause bleeding if his wbc and platelets are low?

Surprisingly, I am from 7 mg a day to 1 mg of CBD and I have seen no circling or head turning.Some muscle twitching when sleeping on the couch on my lap, but the phosphorus and phenobarbital are so far holding him.

I believe he is pacing at night because he is awaken by poor oxygen and has to move to get the blood flowing? Your thoughts.

He has developed a new symptom of licking concrete when I take him outside, like his tongue is hot, so I know he is mineral deficient and I am hoping that will pass as his blood concentration changes, I hope.

Any more thoughts are appreciated but you did answer my question, that phosphorus can work on a biochemistry level too. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
?

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, Teddy’s PCV is now 76%. In your experience what would happen to Teddy if I stopped phosphorus and gave a TVM herb for 10 days then restarted it. The internal medicine Dr will not phlebotomize him without starting hydroxurea which I won’t do. Your thoughts.

I am very torn right now he is on a high fish oil dose to help prevent clots and restarted his Ubiquinol. Dr Koch said gues it was not due to supplements. He thinks it may be a kidney tumor causing polycythemia Teddy’s blood creating is a bit up from last month. Or he isbeginning renal disease. He is not sure what is causing the increase but on physical exam he is not dehydrated.

I also have appt today with Dr Judy but struggle to try the herb or stay on remedy. Will high dose fish oil interfere with remedy?

I am very upset.....

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry that you are very upset about Teddy's PCV, and that I also missed your post until now JoAnn.

What did @dr_ judy herman say about stopping the Phos. dosing?

Regarding the phlebotomy, how is Teddy's BEAM?

Has Teddy had a kidney ultrasound and urinalysis? Both could help rule out a kidney tumor (which is less likely due to Teddy's age).

JoannC

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff, I am so very glad to have this thread because as discussed before I am at a crossing point. After Teddy’s last blood draw and PCV so high, internal medicine Dr gave a few suggestions. Teddy had a needle aspirate for urinalysis and a yr and a half ago an and ultrasound which they found nothing. If I put him through another ultrasound and there is a tumor there the option is surgery, which I will not do. Most likely it is not a tumor though.

So even after the ultrasound the internal medicine Dr wants to do phlebotomy and start hydroxurea. I do not want to do that either. It entails every 2-3 weeks blood draws, and monitoring of right level of drug, etc.

So, I am working very closely with Dr Judy to keep him on his remedy and we together are and working with Dr Basko and I am going to try an herb and other supplements, along with his remedy. Very scary for me but I don’t want to wait another month only to have the blood continue to rise and he have something very serious happen to him.

His BEAM is 88% most energy and mood being affected. I have just finished. 10 high dose of fish oil and Dr Basko’s Feeding Cat’s book is helping me to learn some receipes for cats.

Variety and Whole Foods, homeopathy, and Chinese herb, and Teddy will have to do the rest! It was a very difficult decision for me as I did not want to combine both but I feel he has the best chance right now doing this. Dr Judy is wonderful, open and flexible, yet holds the reins on me if I move too fast!

I am wondering if phenobarbital is aggravating his thrombocytopenia?

His platelet history is

Platelets currently are 92k, in Jan 2020 they were 148k, in jun. 2019 88k, in April 2019 in hospital after seizing >105 clumps and before the seizures in Jan 2019 at cats and critters 105k.

So he is lower from April2019 to current. It may be worth a try to lower his phenobarbital dose even more, as he has not had a breakthrough and restart CBD a full spectrum one. Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. He was on Hemp RX and broke through on that one. He seems to be better without it? I wonder if the phosphorus would be enough. One day at a time. Thank you.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom